Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Bubble Problem

[ QUOTE ]
Why push pre-flop with 15BB, Durron? Is it because, you'll be pot committed if BB pushes? I usually don't push with such a large stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't have 15BB for this hand. for all purposes, you have the same stack as the BB, which is around 8BB each. so this is a push just based on card frequency assuming a tight to okay-tight calling range.

in addition, you cover villain, so he's more afraid of busting than you. this should tighten up his calling range even further.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:23 PM

Why do you want to make difficult decisions for yourself, just push preflop and take the insta-profit. If he only calls you when you're smashed -- great! quite a profitable push against a tight calling range. and with two smaller stacks, one with only 4xbb, he's probably gonna be tighter than usual.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:57 PM

This is especially true if he's a thinking player. I raped two bubbles today because the next highest stack was a player like that, and was folding to my all-in raises and reraises when there was a smaller stack around. Because he knew he had to.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:01 PM

Push preflop, take down the pot on the flop.

Actually, just push preflop. I'd probably push if my cards were somehow turned face up.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:48 PM

This is about an easy a preflop push as it gets. I'm just shocked at people suggesting anything else.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why push pre-flop with 15BB, Durron? Is it because, you'll be pot committed if BB pushes? I usually don't push with such a large stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't have 15BB for this hand. for all purposes, you have the same stack as the BB, which is around 8BB each. so this is a push just based on card frequency assuming a tight to okay-tight calling range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to reitterate how easy this push is it doesn't matter what his calling range is. It will always be a significantly EV push.

As lastchance pointed out even if he knew what your cards are this is still an easy push.

Versus a non-retarded BB you should basically be pushing all but your most terrible hands here (which are probably still =EV to push, but I'm willing to let off the gas so people don't get too call happy and ruin my fun)