Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Low flush on turn

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

I think I should have checked the turn as few worse hands will call, free cards are not an issue, and I may induce bluffs or curiousity calls when I bet the river. I can also dodge a turn raise if SB has a bigger flush.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Low flush on turn

If I'm playing against calling stations who go to most showdowns and will never raise the turn with a hand I beat, then I bet. But against most opponents, I think checking is right for the reasons you state.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:20 PM

I agree with checking.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:26 PM

Just one consideration here: you have the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], meaning only an already made higher frush (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) benefits from straight flush opportunities. But in other hands like this where you might have the 8c on a 2357 all crubs board, you need to bet to charge the 4c and 6c, since they benefit quite a bit from a free card straight frush opportunity.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm playing against calling stations who go to most showdowns and will never raise the turn with a hand I beat, then I bet. But against most opponents, I think checking is right for the reasons you state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. FWIW at 3/6 I think I have to bet this vs an unknown. They play scared, but more than that they like clicking the call button.