Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Re: dazed and confused

entity: do you really want to go to showodnw with A8 against someone who check 3bet this flop? what turn cards are you folding to? if the turn is a Q or lower then an 8, are you okay with calling this down? what if its a K or a J? and you fold to any diamond?

i'd cap this if i had a flush draw or QJ+.

i called the 3bet, blank came on the turn. villain led and i folded. i think this may become my standard line and i'll call down only if i see more fishy things from villains

stealthcow-
Old 08-06-2005, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a really weird way to play a flush draw, so I am discounting the threat of a FD pretty significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see flush draws played donkishly overaggressively like that ALL the time.

not saying that it IS a flush-draw. but it's not THAT unusual to play it in such a way.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:53 AM

against stats like that I check call the rest of the hand and get to showdown as cheap as possible. A diamond hits the turn and I am likely folding.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:12 PM

I don't like your turn fold at all for the reasons I already posted earlier in the thread (not least of which is the size of the pot and the odds being offered on calling the turn). I guess others don't agree, but this hand was played pretty bizarrely by Villain and since I believe there is a decent chance you win this hand / improve and win this hand (decent being related to your effective calldown odds) I'd be pretty hardpressed to not see a showdown here -- I think seeing results in this hand, and understanding why Villain played it as he did, has a lot more value for future hands than more typical "it's close and the SD will have read value for me" type situation.

To MicroBob: I've seen FDs played ridiculously like this as well, just not terribly often. It happens, but I guess in my experience it happens closer to the unusual side of the ledger than the common. And of course if I'm underestimating the frequency of this play, then all the more reason to see a showdown in this hand.