Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2003, 01:48 PM

Default Re: results

I guess I'm misplaying this big time, but I would call nearly everytime with a big unsuited connector from the SB with 4 people already in the pot and a raise coming from the button. Assuming the limpers all come along you are getting over 6-1 .. 7-1 with the BB coming along. That seems like good enough odds to see a flop.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:51 PM

This is exactly why in my post above I don't understand why this is an auto-fold for our hero if the button raises like he should have.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:01 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

one problem is the early limpers....they could have you dominated. you could catch a flop and trap yourself. you better be able to play preflop very very good with this holding...and that means being able to dump it even when it's sooo tempting to just call down...

being suited in this spot is a huge advantage. it's a flush game...that, and your implied odds for this type of hand are ruined.

QJo just doesnt play well multiway. if you really want to get wild, reraise the button and try and knock some players out....why not? get some dead money in there...

not that i would do it...

even though i have a couple times...

but it also depends on the raiser. some wont raise preflop without premium....you going to call then? why of course not, you say, as you toss in a call.... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

here's another bad spot to be in, although it is less likely....you call 1.5sb in the sb with this hand...then it's reraised behind you...at that point, are you going to fold? it's a spot i would reeeaallly hate to be in. but youve locked yourself in since the odds to call that raise are better than the initial raise you called....but youre surely way behind at this point...since some of your outs could easily be gone..or you will need at least 2 cards to win....without the added bonus of the flush potential.

QJs, i may call this raise...but not unsuited...ill wait for a better spot...it's only a sb your losing here...why make it 1/2 a rack...

cheers

b