Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 06:05 PM

Default 3 hands from today\'s brutal beat down of my BR

same table at all hands. generally weak-tight preflop, but pretty solid post. And to warn you: just because my title says "brutal beat down" does not mean i lost/won all/some/none of these hands.

Hand #1

MP1: semi-loose preflop. not stupid, but i did find he cold called with 33 on the button 2nd in against an UTG raiser and call a flop filled with overcards and draws. he likes to openlimp, seems to like the usuals from any position if it is unraised: suited connectors, pocket pairs, overcards. would raise preflop with solid holdings.

MP2: solid player from what i've seen. c/r appropriately, knows position, knows when he's beat, and can read a board.

Hero is MP3 with: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Preflop
folded to MP1, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, Hero limps, CO folds, Button limps, [/i]SB folds[/i], BB checks.

Flop 5.5SB J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets, MP2 raises</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

Hand #2:

same position which is funny except MP1 in this hand is a TAG. He's tight preflop (9% VPIP/ 5% PFR ) and has raised AA-QQ, KJs, and AK-AJ. his aggression on the flop is 17 over 250 hands: continuation bets A LOT.

MP2 is the same as Hand #1. Solid preflop raises/3-bets, but also is aware of isolations and steals.

Hero is MP3 T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Preflop UTG limps, folded to MP1, <font color="red">MP1 raises, MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

Hand #3:
UTG+2 is a pain in my butt. He doesn't 3-bet preflop with anything. Only preflop raise I've seen is KK when limped to, and I haven't seen him coldcall at all, but he passive postflop. You can't semi-bluff him or bluff him at all if he has a draw or pair on the board or in hand, and he will bet draws if checked to, but won't raise.

MP1 is just a doofus. nuff said.

Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 cold calls, MP1 cold calls, folded to Button, Button cold calls, blinds fold.

Flop 9Sb 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn 6.5BB T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets, UTG+2 raises</font>, folded around, Hero calls.

River 10.5BB 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">Hero....???</font>

I stop the hand here because, well I guess you could debate the turn call depending on what you put UTG+2 on. but the river, I thought maybe I should bet/call? or check/call? or maybe check/fold? check/raise could even be an option depending on what you think he has.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: 3 hands from today\'s brutal beat down of my BR

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #3:

Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 cold calls, MP1 cold calls, folded to Button, Button cold calls, blinds fold.

Flop 9Sb 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn 6.5BB T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets, UTG+2 raises</font>, folded around, Hero calls.

River 10.5BB 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">Hero....???</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure (or too scared to try an answer) about the first two, but this hand looks like JT to me. If it is, we have 8 outs on the turn (2 K's, 3 6's, and 3 5's) so we should call. Without that, and against this oponent, I think we'd have to check/fold if we missed. Since we hit one of our "outs", I think we should bet/call the river. (Bet because we probably have the best hand now, but call because it could be something else weird like AA or KK.)
Old 07-25-2005, 06:45 PM

hand 1: i think i just call, because if the turn brings another spade i'm folding.

hand 2: i cap pf since it's going to get capped anyway. may as well take the upper hand. then hope for one hell of a flop.

hand 3: call the turn. and i lead the river. only thing i could think of before was JT for 2 pair and now we've got him beat, so lets bet/call this river and hope he raises with his 2pair again.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:47 PM

1) id 3-bet and lead the turn. MP1 could have anything, MP2 may have a flush draw and JT is possible, so if MP2 caps i think you're in trouble. Cold-calling and raising a safe card on turn is ok if you think the two players left to act will definately fold, but im not sure about that.

2)I think i'd fold this, you are getting 2-1 and no one else will probably join the pot, and it may get capped. If you are ahead you will have to dodge a bunch of overs, and you may be behind a larger pair. SSH says you can fold this.
3) if I played this while multi-tabling I would check/call, but I like bet/call better because the 5 counterfeits his 2-pair.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: i think i just call, because if the turn brings another spade i'm folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a pretty easy call for you? I want to fold this.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a pretty easy call for you? I want to fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

the pot is pretty nice sized plus we COULD be ahead. OP says the raiser is aware of position and COULD be raising on a flush draw, trying to fold us and get a free card. if he truely hit a set i would expect a call for overs and a turn raise. if it were 3 different suits i think i'd 3bet (not too sure tho. but think so).
Old 07-25-2005, 07:02 PM

On hand one I'd most likely fold. It's possible one of them is betting a draw, but probably not both of them. I'm guessing someone has to have at least AJ or KJ. Since the pots not very big, I think you can get away from this one.

I'd probably fold hand two as well, figuring someone has an overpair (maybe I'm too weak tight making this assumption?). I imagine playing your tens after the flop would be difficult, even if you did have the best preflop hand.

I probably check call the river on hand three, although that's probably a weak way to play it. I don't think you gain that much value by betting out, and you're liable to be raised. Also when a weak/passive donk raises you on the turn like that, it usually indicates two pair or better.

Edit: I missed the fact that the river card on hand 3 gave you two pair as well, possibly counterfeiting villians jack ten. This makes a stronger case for leading out, although when his two pair gets counterfeited he'll probably get scared and just call, so I don't think it makes any more money than check calling. Actually check raising doesn't suck in this spot either, and probably gets the most value (but with the most risk as well).
Old 07-25-2005, 07:06 PM

Hand #3: you do see we beat 2 pair? he isn't bad enough to cold call with anything containing a 5, i'll tell you that.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #3: you do see we beat 2 pair? he isn't bad enough to cold call with anything containing a 5, i'll tell you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I missed that sorry. See my edit.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:23 PM

okay here we go...

Hand #1:
Flop continues
<font color="red">MP1 bets, MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, folded around, MP1 calls.

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP1 checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets</font>, Hero loses his manhood and calls, MP1 folds

River 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">MP2 bets</font>, Hero hikes up his skirt and calls again.

MP2 flips K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MHIG. i played the turn and river like crap. i knew it too, but i've been sucked out on so badly recently all i heard was "he has KJ or AJ. you're screwed".

Hand #2
Preflop continues
<font color="red">MP1 raises, MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero sucks his thumb like a schmuck and folds, CO cold calls 3?!?!(this is the guy from Hand #3-this hand was after that though), folded around, <font color="red">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop 14.5SB Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero doesn't feel so bad as even if his hand is best, his luck sucks monkey dong and knows he'll get sucked out on [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn 8.5BB Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River 10.5BB 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - HA, i knew i'd get sucked out on!!!

MP1 checks shows A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP2 checks shows J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero goes to find woodland creatures to beat against a tree.

Hand #3
River continues
<font color="red">Hero bets, UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

UTG+2 flips over TT
MHING and i jump off the roof of my house [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]