Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: 2 hands against same guy

Hand one:
I play this exactly the same, I fold to a raise though.
You may get a free showdown even though your out of position, Because he may expect your check-raising.

Hand 2: I fold this one with no reads, Even though i'd have him on Overcards not a queen. You could find out by raising.... Costly information and not wise IMO.

Edit: I posted this blindly, and am pleased to see the results.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:52 PM

Hand 1: I may be waaay out there, but when I think someone is trying to steal and I've got an A in the BB I'm 3 betting and leading any non scarry flop. Call me crazy. But since you didn't do that, I like the turn bet only if you can fold it. Weak tight? I don't know, but what do you do if he raises your turn?

Hand 2: I'm either raising or folding.

Edit: I'm off to the pool so I'll check back later to see everyone's thoughts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 04:08 PM

hahahah you hate both hands eh?

hand #2 was actually easier for me. if he has the courage to 3-bet me, i may let it go, but an open-limp and bet into: i'll see a pocket pair here more than a Q. these guys aren't the "multi-level" thinkers. they see Q, they think "ooh, easy c/r". KK-TT i would think would raise preflop, so i'm pretty sure i have almost full 6 outs. i doubt a flush draw, but anything's possible.

i could be in trouble on a bet into on the turn, but since the A comes in, it was a no-brainer.

hand #1:

you ever just get weird? i had reasons and others would say "no, it isn't logical", but sometimes you just think "maybe this will work"- it definitely isn't often that i try it. i'll take the "donkbet" image if i spike a 9 and am called. i mix up my play enough shorthanded that i'll overcome that in no time.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I may be waaay out there, but when I think someone is trying to steal and I've got an A in the BB I'm 3 betting and leading any non scarry flop. Call me crazy. But since you didn't do that, I like the turn bet only if you can fold it. Weak tight? I don't know, but what do you do if he raises your turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought about 3-betting, but with SB along the way, i figured it best not to. and yes, i thought i put this in my previous postings that i would have folded to a reraise- either a higher pocket pair or overcards most likely so my outs are doubtful. the turn was my shot. if it was 3-handed to the river, i'm check/folding UI and folding to a reraise on an A doubting my kicker or probably a 2p.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahahah you hate both hands eh?

hand #2 was actually easier for me. if he has the courage to 3-bet me, i may let it go, but an open-limp and bet into: i'll see a pocket pair here more than a Q. these guys aren't the "multi-level" thinkers. they see Q, they think "ooh, easy c/r". KK-TT i would think would raise preflop, so i'm pretty sure i have almost full 6 outs. i doubt a flush draw, but anything's possible.

i could be in trouble on a bet into on the turn, but since the A comes in, it was a no-brainer.

hand #1:

you ever just get weird? i had reasons and others would say "no, it isn't logical", but sometimes you just think "maybe this will work"- it definitely isn't often that i try it. i'll take the "donkbet" image if i spike a 9 and am called. i mix up my play enough shorthanded that i'll overcome that in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi
oops i was unclear.
i hate them in the sense that i don't know what to do and i find them difficult.