Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 01:10 PM

Default 2 hands against same guy

i sat down for just a couple hands while on my lunch break, so i have no reads on anybody other than the table was typical weak-tight and what appears to be blind stealing from MP4 and later.

first hand(and first at the table actually)

Hero is BB: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Preflop
folded to villain on Button, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

i was playing this whether SB was in or not. i thought about 3-betting, but with SB in, no point.

Flop 6SB 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB and Hero check, <font color="red">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn 4.5BB J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Button thinks awhile and calls, SB folds

don't know why i did this really, but i figured the flop was a continuation bet and i'm new to the table, so villain doesn't know what i donk bet with. i thought i'd give it a shot, plus maybe most of outs are clean (Aces and 9s) and we'll see what the river brings if called.

i'll stop the action here to see what you guys think so far.

Hand #2 against same guy

Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Preflop
folded to villain MP3, MP3 open limps (he did this a lot), <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, folded to BB, BB calls.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="red">Villain bets</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>
Old 07-21-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: 2 hands against same guy

Hand 1 The pot is very small to be trying to bluff two players out of the pot with no reads on them. And you're out of position so no free showdown on the river.

Hand 2 I drop like a hot potato.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:04 PM

Hand #1: would you have called in the BB? would you 3-bet? would you 3-bet if SB wasn't in it?
Old 07-21-2005, 02:18 PM

welp, i guess it isn't much discussion as 44 people seemed to have looked at it and not responded. i wonder if there is a better way to play hand #1 or on the flop i should just fold. i play pretty aggressive 3-handed and less. personally, i think outright folding hand #2 would have been a mistake, but maybe i'm wrong.

anyway, here's the rest of the hands:

hand #1:

River J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Villain folds
i would have bet/folded if an A came and was raised probably figuring my kicker to be no good, and bet out if a 9 fell.

Hand #2:
Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="red">Villain bets, Hero raises</font>, BB folds.

i did this to get rid of BB.

TurnA[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Villain folds.

i would have checked the turn UI, don't know if i'd have folded a c/r if either of my outs cames in. but obviously my Ace came in and i bet.

i didn't want to show the rest of the hands for obvious reasons as i won them, but no one seems to care about these hands, so oh well... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1: would you have called in the BB? would you 3-bet? would you 3-bet if SB wasn't in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be honest with you - I hate A9o. It's just a horrible, horrible, piece of shiit hand and I hate playing it. I fold and go to the next hand. Crap eh?
Old 07-21-2005, 02:26 PM

Hand 1:
If Button was on a steal then it looks as though both of you missed the flop. You could have had the better hand on the turn if button had been raising with something like Ax,Kx or Qx, so I think your donk bet as a semi-bluff was reasonable.

Hand 2:
You saw Villain's play in hand 1, so that might give you some kind of read on him. Nonetheless if villain is unlikely to have a Q or 3, unless he is prepared to bluff with one overcard, he most likely has a pocket pair or a flush draw.

In addition even if villain might be bluffing or on a draw, BB is still in the hand.

So in this hand, with a small pot, 2 opponents, a bet into me and possibly few outs, I would feel inclined to fold my overcard A.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess it isn't much discussion as 44 people seemed to have looked at it and not responded.

i didn't want to show the rest of the hands for obvious reasons as i won them, but no one seems to care about these hands, so oh well... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that people are not interested in the hands that you post, but IMHO because you are a good player, you seem to post hands that are difficult to answer.

I like to look at your hand posts, because I often find them challenging and feel that I can learn something by trying to answer them.

So I think that perhaps you just need to be a little bit more patient in waiting for your responses, because I am sure they will usually arrive. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 02:51 PM

Hand 1 - I don't like trying to bluff two players out of this pot. If SB had folded, I'd be much more open to it.

Hand 2 - Now that I've seen how Hand 1 played out, I raise here, too. Villain doesn't have a Q, and getting it headsup with him = win.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:55 PM

well thanx for the posting complement. maybe people will just pass by my results then [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

hand #1: A9o - yeah that is an interesting hand that i actually like, i don't know why. of course, i'd prefer suited, but i just see it and like it.

why i bluffed the turn. i figured the flop missed everybody, but there was nothing scary in it worth donkbetting or even c/r.

the turn came. for some reason, i just put SB out of my mind and didn't play based on my 2 cards- plus if he overcalled my donkbet, i was check/folding the river regardless. i guessed: button would obviously bet if i checked. i doubted he had a J, but if he did, he'd raise to fold SB or a higher pocket pair (granted i had no read as he could smooth call, but i'm folding the river UI anyways). if he had balls, he might reraise with UI overcards, which i'd fold right away knowing my Ace outs were no good, so i'm drawing to 3 outs.

i could have c/r, but i didn't want SB sticking around and for some reason i love donk bet bluffing as it doesn't tie the PFR to the hand as much and it seems to really throw people for a loop: did slow play a set? does he have the jack? plus there were no straight or flush redraws for the PFR to hold onto or think i was betting on, so more likely i had a pair of something.

i didn't want to wait 'til the river as A-high would call "for one more bet just to see if i'm bluffing", so it was the turn or never. i was check/folding a K or Q obviously even if he was bluffing a small pocket pair- i thought about the T, but i might still bet it anyways. even if i get called, this bluff would help my "image" later on.

hand #2:

i really doubted the Q, but i did consider just smooth calling letting him continue to bluff, but with SB in, i'd rather fold any K-J or any single [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so that's why i did that. anyhoo, maybe i just got lucky [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] as they say, "i'd rather be lucky than good".
Old 07-21-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

don't know why i did this really, but i figured the flop was a continuation bet and i'm new to the table, so villain doesn't know what i donk bet with. i thought i'd give it a shot, plus maybe most of outs are clean (Aces and 9s) and we'll see what the river brings if called.

i'll stop the action here to see what you guys think so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm. i've been thinking about this hand all friggin day.
this is completely not related to the actual play of the hand...but i find that if he calls me down or if a nine falls on the river and a win. or if it goes check check on the river...i have a very hard time overcoming the effects of that "willing to donk bet the turn" table image. i'd rather fold and pick my spots better when i have a tight aggressive image and i can tell more reliably if he will fold.

i hate hands like this. and it's not lack of interest. it's because it's a hard hand. (for me, anyway)

Hand #2 against same guy

depends on the results of previous hand [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
sometimes i'll raise and go from there. sometimes i call.
i hate this hand also.