Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Harder to Read Magazine Text

I am disappointed to see the new Text for the 2+2 Magazine articles. The previous Text Format was one of the nicest things about the Magazine format. It was a pleasure to the eyes. The new text is not bad but I hate to see this trend. CardPlayer Magazine was incredibly stupid going to their current text size which is virtually unreadable for me. I hope 2+2 will not make this same mistake.

Please bring back the old 2+2 Magazine Text Format. It had real Class.

PairTheBoard
Old 06-29-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Harder to Read Magazine Text

Have you tried changing the text size in your browser? All of the text sizes in the magazine are relative.. that is, you can tell your browser to make it bigger and it will. In IE, you can go to the View->Text Size menu and select "Largest." That probably won't satisfy you completely because we did go to a new sans-serif font which may be part of what you don't like.

To be fair to myself, I think there will be as many people who like the font change as those who don't. (I may be wrong, though.)

But I agree with you that some websites make their fonts far too small, and that will definitely be on my mind as I make changes.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:34 PM

I always have my browser on largest text size.

You didn't just make a change in font Ed. The old text was something special with Full Fat letters. I suspect it involved use of some kind of Web Page design tool. The quality of the content in 2+2 articles certainly deserves the highest quality web text for its presentation.

Thanks,

Lou

aka PairTheBoard
Old 06-30-2005, 12:26 PM

Your new glasses are obviously helping you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I know this because I have a new pair that look very similar, and I had no problem with the new text.

BTW, the new layout and format are great, nice work.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your new glasses are obviously helping you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I know this because I have a new pair that look very similar, and I had no problem with the new text.

BTW, the new layout and format are great, nice work.

[/ QUOTE ]

The new text is still quite readable. It's just that the old text was gloriously easy on the eyes. Why go from A+ quality text to B+ quality text. Just because the new text is not F quality doesn't mean it makes sense to switch.

The thing is, I've seen this kind of text degradation happen other places. No one says anything and it gets worse with each change. It's one of the most important factors in the functionality of a web site and seems to be treated as an unimportant afterthought far too often.

I really don't enjoy sticking my neck out like this. I would much rather just praise everything being done - which aside from the text change is most praiseworthy.

PairTheBoard