Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Playerview or Pokerprophecy - A can of worms.

I play $30 sngs, only 4 tabling. I have only tried Playerview for sngs (GT+ doesn’t support SnG's) as I cant demo Pokerprophecy (I think). I personally use PV after I have gathered 10-20 hands and base my decisions on the basic stats of VP$IP and PFR, relative to the strength of my hand.

I now have to decide if I should stick with PV or try PP. The cost is irrelevant, Im only interested in the value. So my question to you SnG full timers (100+ games a week to qualify as a full timer, IMHO) which product do you think helps you the most? You obviously have to have used both products to post a accurate opinion.

If I can use both of these products together it is irrelevant, as I will be getting the both (Do they work together?).

I believe all of the developers are 2+2 posters, all have provided a quality product, so please keep the comments clean (Even thou one of them is a spamming bastard).

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Playerview or Pokerprophecy - A can of worms.

Someone let me know if Prophecy and PV can work together?
Old 05-08-2005, 08:04 PM

Poker prophecy is a big online database of sngplayers and their ITM %. I don't use it myself, but I believe the ones who do go to their website and manually enter their opponents, and then they have their ITM percentages.

From reading your post I'd also like to add that I don't think you should rely that much on the vpip and pfr rates. Of course, sometimes you'll be able to see that someone is playing 80% of their hands, and raising half of them. More often you'll be fooled by someone having a nice run of cards, or maybe old info level 5 last time you played them. I'm sorry if this was self-evident to you.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the reply. I don’t think it is still a manual process thou, hopefully I am correct and they have automated it.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:39 PM

I assume you are talking about the overlay that prophecy offers for party tables.

It and PV can both work together if you arrange your PV data so its out of the way of the PP data. Of course the prophecy overlay is pretty buggy on its own, but the database is still as "good" as it ever was.