Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Party NL 6max 50$ isnt whiffle ball is it?

Hi all;

Just move over to 50$ (0.5$/1$) 6max NL in Party. Before that I played like 8k hands (I know micro sample) in the 25$ 6max NL and was doing quite good around 8BB/100 hands. I moved over to the 50$ because I have a suuficient BR and I am telling you its not whiffle ball (whatever that means, in my country we dont have that).

First of all the "move of honour" dosent really work here. Unless you are percieved as a crazy guy if you go all in preflop before anyone raised they wont call you.

Second the guys in here are generally much much better. Not a little bit better but much better.

Am i halucinating? Please tell me it aint so

Does anyone have any pointers?

BTW can anybody explain the term WHIFFLE BALL. I tried googeling it but got nothing, as you can see I have watched rounders to many times.

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Party NL 6max 50$ isnt whiffle ball is it?

They suck just as bad as the $25 players, I think alot of them also play the $25.

A wiffle ball is a hollow plastic ball full of holes that you hit with a plastic bat.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:54 PM

My experience was that $50'ers were a lot more aggressive than $25'ers. That is to say, more maniacs, less calling stations. maniacs can be somewhat intimidating, especially on 6 max, so I guess $50 is a bit harder. Both are extremely profitable however, and I'm sure you'll be fine with some adjustments.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:57 PM

They're the same. I have about a bazillion hands at both and there is no difference.. at all. None.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:07 AM

Calling a game 'whiffle ball' refers to the fact that it is much easier to hit a whiffle ball than a normal baseball.

A whiffle ball has holes cut into it and it made of light-weight plastic. As such, you can't really get any speed throwing a whiffle ball, thus making it easier to hit.

I only know a few things about poker, but I'm pretty solid on my idiomatic english.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all the "move of honour" dosent really work here.

[/ QUOTE ]

With good table selection move of honor works up to 100NL.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:42 AM

maybe you simply need better table selection...
Old 02-01-2005, 12:42 PM

I think there might be a handful of subtle differences between the 25 and 50 games... bluffs on the end with a busted draw seem to be one thing you DO see at the 50 tables but almost never see at the 25s. And the betting tends to more closely track the pot size... fewer $5 bets into $25 pots, etc. That said, there are still plenty of maniacs, plenty of calling stations, and all-around idiots. Just gotta pick your spots.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Table Selection how do you do that?

I know this is a stupid question but the way I choose my tables is I just choose the highest averege pot and sit there I also put on my buddy list all the maniacs I see and follow them. Once in a while when I see my table is to tight I receck the table list and sign up to the table with the highest averege pot, like that?

I also heard that there are some good NL 6max games other than Party, maybe Prima sites or Cripto. Can you recommend any good "soft" sites.

The thing is I played 1k hand in the 50$ 6max (I know very small sample) and Im breaking even, I know I shouldnt complain I am not whining, honest. But I know my game; I wasnt unlucky or anything but theses guys are not bad IMO. Maybe It will change but I can DEFFINETLY tell this is not 25$ 6max. I was even pondering to switch back to 25$ 6max where I can make more money, after all I couldent care less about what level I play I care about BB/hour, simple

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Table Selection how do you do that?

I do the highest average pot thing but you have to do it with some consideration.

For example, often the table has a high average pot because there was just an all in clash and somebody got cleaned out and left the table. doesn't mean the table is looser than any other table. Infact it might mean the fish just left.