Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 02:58 AM

Default relative talent level

I'm wondering what people think of the $1/$2, and $2/$4 no limit play at various web sites. I play $1/$2 on Ultimate Bet, Party Poker, and Poker Stars, and will be making the jump to $2/$4 sometime before spring training. Here is what I've found:

UB: I play here the most, so I am most comfortable with the software and players. I hardly ever feel like the game is not going to pay me big time.

Party: Seems to be the fishiest site I've played so far. If only they had mini-view [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Poker Stars: This is the site that bothers me. I look at the flops seen % and many times it's in the low 20's. I know flops seen % is not a great indicator of talent, but it does tell me there is not going to be a great deal of dead money in the pot, and I'm most likely not going to be in a multi way pot, which is what I want.

I haven't played too much on Stars up to this point, so these are just early reflections. And I have made a little money there (so far). What are your thoughts on the play at Stars, and all the other sites with $2/$4 no limit (especially Paradise and Empire)?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:24 AM

Default Re: relative talent level

I'd be interested to hear about the skill level at 2/4 on Stars too. I occasionally play higher, but generally I play 1/2 exclusively on Stars. I like the Stars fish as they usually arent so bad you have no clue what they might have, but bad enough to give you all their money [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Predictably bad, I like that in a player.

I originally planned to move up to 2/4 full time in the New Year, but whenever I go to check out the tables the players seem much tighter than 1/2, and I'm making decent money playing 3 tables at once there, so at the moment i'm in no hurry. Re the flop percentages, there are often tables in the twenties, but usually plenty of tables higher than that too, just get on a waiting list and move if it gets tight.