Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-21-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Any reason to NOT fold this flop?

[ QUOTE ]
If hes a super LAGtard, I have no problem with calling him down...pop him if you improve

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I like calling down against a LAG myself.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If hes a super LAGtard, I have no problem with calling him down...pop him if you improve

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I like calling down against a LAG myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not laggy enough that he's capping garbage. I'm behind here about 99% of the time.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nah, id put in a raise for info

[/ QUOTE ]

What info do you think you are going to get? I've got all I need when its capped "Look I've got a good hand". Is it going to take another reraise on the flop for you to get the message.

If he just calls what does it mean...I've got KK,QQ and I'm scared of the ace. Your probably not getting him to fold these so a raise is getting you nothing of value.

Your behind a lot of real possibilities....AA/KK/QQ/TT/99,AK,AQ

Only thing good that could come out of the raise is that you fold him. Raising might get you a free card but its not going to get valuable information

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way this player is folding TT-KK on this flop simply because of a measly ace. In fact, he'd probably 3-bet me.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wanted to dismiss this as first, but looking at is closer...

we might be able to call here. 1.5 outs for a backdoor straight, 2 jacks, and maybe 1 for a bd flush gives us around 9 to 1 ish, and we've getting 10.5 to 1. add the fact that we have position (so he might check to us), implied odds for 2-3 bb's, and a lagtard, we can safely call and fold the turn UI

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, after reading your post, I -might- see the turn. I was just about to say that I tend to fold this on the flop.

However, with the possible outs, it might be worth at least seeing the turn, and then folding UI.

I hate JJ when it doesn't flop a set on this board, though, so it's close for me.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:45 AM

Grunch:

I think I call 1 here and fold UI on the turn. Its reasonable to think that a str8 or flush would be good here, the str8 probably better if villian has a big pp.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm behind here about 99% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, fold it. The pot isnt big enough to draw to your set/bdfd/bdsd.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:29 PM

I agree that outright folding would be a poor decision. I don't know what a LAG is, but it sounds like a term for a Bad Player. Just because he bet at this flop doesn't necessarily mean he hit his hand. If he had check-raised the flop, then I'd be worried. Yes it does appear dismal, you are behind any pocketpair AA-99, AK-A9. And you ask yourself what could he POSSIBLY have? Well, a low or middle pocket pair is quite likely, and i've seen players cap pots with 24 offsuit. Definitly give a call here and see what pans out on the turn.