Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: How are you running lately?
So bad I wanna make a thread about it 27 7.40%
Break Even 63 17.26%
Bad 81 22.19%
Average 107 29.32%
Real Hot 26 7.12%
Hot 61 16.71%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Who\'s the [censored]?

You should drive on the shoulder and cut in front of both lanes. That'll teach 'em.

On a serious note, the road designers often do things for a purpose. In this case, maybe they did not want very long lines interfering with the previous intersection, so they made two lanes.

Why do most people feel like getting in the right lane? I would freely use both and there would a lot less tension if there was no ability to get very far ahead of your original order.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a cutter, but I hate other cutters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2005, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am a cutter, but I hate other cutters.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2005, 07:27 AM

I am a cutter and I respect other cutters, and hate the blockers. There are two lanes. The queue should form up in both lanes to minimize the length of the queue. If people are too stupid for this to happen then I use the lane with the shorter queue.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:38 AM

FFS, people stay in one lane to speed [censored] up. You assholes who cut and go in the left lane slow everyone the [censored] down. If I see you I'll probaly throw chicken mcnuggets out the window at your forehead.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:56 AM

Exactly. What annoys me is when some self-appointed traffic master in the long line in a big truck drives 2/3 in the outer lane to block people from joining the shorter line... and then has the cheek (whilst breaking the rules of the road himself) to shout and wave furiously angrily at the innocent road user who wants to use the available road...
Old 12-21-2005, 08:44 AM

I am a blocker only when there is one lane and you try to get past me. You are not more important than me and I am propably much bigger than you, in car and phyical body size. If it's one lane YOU ARE NOT GETTING PAST ME. Call me names all you want but fark you to the cutters.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:43 AM

you apparently don't live in NY. This is common practice, cut or be cut thats the name of the game.

I am a cutter and a blocker only way to get around or you'll be in a toll line for hours
Old 12-21-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't there something to be said for using the road space to its fullest? Why must you have 1 line 1 mile long instead of 2 lines 1/2 mile long? What's the bloody difference?If your job is to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, The distance is actually made up of numerous points A and B. If everyone follows this logic, the right and left lane would fill at the same rate. Hence, no problem. Sadly, fascist pigs like you want us all to wait in lines, and do not realize that if everyone would simply operate according to their own benefit, the situation would be stable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. Here in PA they started putting up "Merge at the Merge Point" signs and "Take Your Turn Here" signs and everything works better. I'm always using the lane moving fastest until my lane ends. So if you want to line up two miles before the other lane ends, knock yourself out.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:58 AM

NeedsMoreNuts,

For a full discussion of this topic, please see this thread. Pay particular attention to posts from Patrick del Poker Grande and myself for a greater understanding of why you are wrong.

Helpfully,
RunDownHouse