Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: More data sorted by hands played

[ QUOTE ]
Based on how few people have really good bb/100 over a good chunk of hands, I'd say the 100/200 game doesn't look so great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's surprising. Is it impossible to run really good in that game?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Based on how few people have really good bb/100 over a good chunk of hands, I'd say the 100/200 game doesn't look so great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's surprising. Is it impossible to run really good in that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

stevieg is at 4bb/100....sustainable? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 12-11-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Party High Stakes Winners and Losers (datamined)

I think a few of these guys are
1. REAL BAD
2. On the way to selling their house to eat next week
3. Not telling their wife how bad it is
4. REAL BAD
5. Playing way over their heads
6. Should be here in Vegas --WOOO HOOOO
7. JUST PLAN STUPID
Old 12-11-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JUST PLAN STUPID

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd think so, but sometimes the games are real, real good. last night jinberg, holybolty, kennyj, and pd51323515 (or whatever) were at both tables. i'd only need two of these players at the tables to sit down.

PS how the hell is jinberg a winner on both of Enon's lists. he is plain awful. there's no way he should even be a winner over 10K hands. if he is a 2p2er i apologize in advance, but i doubt it.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:11 PM

Is Derb coming back to earth? Or is he better at one and two?
Old 12-11-2005, 06:18 PM

Default ***Update***

Over the past few days I've been attempting to fill the gaps of hands I didn't capture datamining. Luckily I've had some very trusting and generous players send me all the hands from these limits and I've loaded all of them into the database. Even though I have a lot more hands I'm still hesistant to upload any more screenshots at all until I feel the data is accurate.

I've downloaded the program PartyMine to insure that the tables always stay open as long my PartyPoker is open so hopefully over the next few months I will get at least 95% of the hands played at these limits and then report back with the findings after confirming the accuracy of results with regulars in the game.

In the meantime, I would be very greatful if others contacted me through PM on 2+2 or on AIM (Enon07) if they have datamined hands at these limits from November that they'd be willing to send me.

As it stands, I've been convinced that overall the data as is currently presented is an innacurate approximation of peoples true winrates according to a number of sources. Before I post datamined PT shots next time I will run the data by my sources first.

I'd still like to sell the database and raise money for charity but I haven't looked into a secure intermediary to accept donations. When I get this all set up I will report back in this thread.

-Lee
Old 12-11-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over past 2 months about I've been datamining the party 50/100 and 100/200 games as much as possible and I've accumulated 288k hands so far at these limits. I plan to continue datamineing these games and will report back now and then with the latest results. This database is not for sale fyi.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's amazing that Party allows this datamining stuff to continue. And even more amazing that the high stakes players here don't seem to object it. Don't you think that the dataminers have an “unfair advantage” when they can collect thousands of hands without:

- allowing the other players see how the miners play
- having to pay any rake
- risking any money in possible losses

I noticed in earlier thread comments about Derb being a bot. True or not, isn't datamining a great tool for the developement of bots? I assume that for example Poker Academy's Vexbot would be very efficient in exploiting the weaknesses of the worst players in the above list, when given their betting patterns in thousand headsup situations.

Is this possibility for datamining good in the long run for the skillful “human” online players?

Mason Malmuth has written about poker's integrity in his essays. It would nice be know his and David Sklansky's opinion on this new favorite “hobby” of the 2+2 posters.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Over past 2 months about I've been datamining the party 50/100 and 100/200 games as much as possible and I've accumulated 288k hands so far at these limits. I plan to continue datamineing these games and will report back now and then with the latest results. This database is not for sale fyi.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's amazing that Party allows this datamining stuff to continue. And even more amazing that the high stakes players here don't seem to object it. Don't you think that the dataminers have an “unfair advantage” when they can collect thousands of hands without:

- having to pay any rake

I noticed in earlier thread comments about Derb being a bot. True or not, isn't datamining a great tool for the developement of bots? I assume that for example Poker Academy's Vexbot would be very efficient in exploiting the weaknesses of the worst players in the above list, when given their betting patterns in thousand headsup situations.

Is this possibility for datamining good in the long run for the skillful “human” online players?

Mason Malmuth has written about poker's integrity in his essays. It would nice be know his and David Sklansky's opinion on this new favorite “hobby” of the 2+2 posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I think datamining is wrong for the above reasons. And it wasn't such a long time ago that discussing specific screenames on here was taboo. Funny how things have changed.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:56 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

- having to pay any rake

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see how its unfair being that everyone can get pokertracker and pokerace for a combined $80