Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Why is it possible to get runner runner cards to win?

a) you want people to chase like this

b) make sure when you get beat like this you're not just seeing the hand that beats you. Your opponent may well have had what he thout were other outs to the best hand.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. I am completly dumbfounded.

Perhaps it is my skills that don't allow me to grasp the concept of calling down with garbage

Are there people who exist, who feel, even at higher limit poker that calling down 2 random cards and hitting gutshot gutshot runner runner straight draws are worth shooting for?

Alright so I got bad beat by are few 1-33 shot drawouts, the post isn't asking for sympathy, I am serious interested

Do enough people exist in the world to call down with such grabage and hit such rare and unbelievable draws or do they just know what cards are going to come?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lame post

[/ QUOTE ]

Fellas, Fellas, he jst needs a little lovin'

There is a whole forum for this stuff now, the mod should be a liscensed shrink, cause this is gonna be good.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:04 PM

I know some intelligent people who truly believe in 'feelings' in cards.

People who call looking for runner runner aren't playing to make money, they are playing for entertainment. If they hit, good for them. Don't be a dick about it and ruin their fun.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. I am completly dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know some intelligent people who truly believe in 'feelings' in cards.

People who call looking for runner runner aren't playing to make money, they are playing for entertainment. If they hit, good for them. Don't be a dick about it and ruin their fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "don't be a dick about it is really important" -I hate to see a bad player berated at the table 'cos thier 7-2o beat pocket A's - it might make them leave the table for one thing.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:50 AM

Quote:

Make sure when you get beat like this you're not just seeing the hand that beats you. Your opponent may well have had what he thout were other outs to the best hand.

Excellent point.

Also, the OP quoted odds of 33-1 against hitting runners to a gutshot; this is not the correct figure.

The actual odds are 1-1; it either happens or it doesn't.

So help me I had a guy say that almost word for word the other day; and 3 of the other lemmings nodded in agreement.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 08:06 AM

Sometimes they just read the board or opponant badly. Middle set againts top pair with no draws needs runner runner to win, however you will experience these situations often and not think much about it. Only when you opponant wins 1-2 % at the times you will start to think and make postings like yours.

sunek
Old 12-07-2005, 12:46 PM

Dear Soko,

I have to say that, sometimes, action junkies will take a shot at the crazy because of the feeling generated when they win and when they lose. I have done it and I honestly feel that sometimes, you play poker for business and others for the thrill. Poker is very boring when the thrill is not there. For me, I enjoy both the long waits and the occasional craziness that is generated from "doing the wrong thing at the right time." I get the shakes when that kind of thrill happens. But, If you really are a strict poker player, and hope to make a living at it. you must be willing to do crazy things from time to time. Poker, like life, is all about the thrill, the skill and the accomplishment of making it through another day or hand.
Good Luck and Good skill to you..
yours truly,
IamSuperman
Old 12-07-2005, 02:34 PM

I'm psychic to the point to where I can't say what the next card will be, but I CAN tell you what it won't be.....whatever it is I need to fill my hand.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:25 PM

if no one ever chased runner-runner, you wouldnt win big pots.