Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Pokerroom software is brutal

I know this has been said before, but i never voluntarily signed up at a pokerroom skin, i had a eurobet account and figured to give the new skin a shot.

I honestly have no idea what is going on.

Is it me or is the button floating between 2 players, i have seen money int he middle of the pot before a bet has been made, and i never know what position i am in at the table.

After i clear the bonus (only did 200 for fear of something like this), i am never going back.

WOW, as i am typing this i go back to the table and somehow i am gone and someone else is sitting on my seat. Oh this is just brilliant!

I have played at pacific (supposedly the worst software) and i have to say that pacific software is gold compared to pokerroom.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Pokerroom software is brutal

I don't hate it that much generally; you do get used to it, and it's pretty fast. But the new "Ho-ho-holdempoker" layout at the site of the same name is far worse than Absolute ever was. I have a ton of hands to play there in December, too.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:35 AM

Yeah, I played a pokerroom skin for the first time last month and noticed the same annoyances...oddly-positioned button when going around the corner of the table, and blinds being swept into the middle PF for no apparent reason (maybe it's when someone else posts a dead blind also? I'm not sure). Annoying, but no more so than the various idiosyncracies of the Party/Prima/Paradise/Stars software platforms. You should be more concerned about the 6% rake they're charging you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 12:35 PM

Yep. As a very wise person on this forum said when Pokerroom raised their rake to the stratosphere:

"Pokerroom is the suckiest suck site that ever sucked."

If you are playing limit hold em there below 5/10 or so you just might as well be flushing your money straight down the loo - the rake is that brutal there.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:56 PM

When I 4 table, it eats all the system resources and will literally sit there, churning, while NOTHING on the screen changes.

The lobby is awful. It's impossible to scroll through the tables one by one, because they keep shuffling around.

The 'sit out' to reload features and 'wait for big blind' feature is also bad.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Pokerroom is the suckiest suck site that ever sucked."

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't that the marketing campaign they used on the Web? Or was it "Guaranteed more rakey goodness than PartyPoker, Paradise Poker, and Ultimate Bet combined! Now with new higher limit rake!!!1!"
Old 12-03-2005, 05:07 PM

I used to experience glitches, but in the past 10K hands have had NONE! Also, if you're ONLY playing during bonuses, isn't it still rake - bonus < other sites rake??? Or am I wrong on that one, I play $4-$4 NL and higher only.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play $4-$4 NL and higher only.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that most pisses me off about Pokerroom is their crappy labeling of the no limit games. $4-$4NL? What the hell is that? It's actually $2-$4NL mislabeled.

It came about because they used to use a limit betting structure for the no limit games, and a $1-2NL game was incorrectly called $2-4NL a la limit flop and turn betting rounds. Once they fixed that problem and the minimum bet was the same on all streets the games got relabeled to their current (also wrong) format. I am aware I'm being a nit, but seeing as they are a poker room you'd think they would know the correct terms to use for their games.

I don't really have a problem with their download client, other than the fact it's a resource hog.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:34 PM

It's the limit rake that is horrendous so you're goot ta go. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 05:42 PM

Yeah, their software sucks. I really hate the fact you have to sit out to reload. And they allow 10BB buy ins in NL which is ridiculous. The software is slow. And you can't sit out for more than a minute.

BUT, everyone says the rake is ridiculous, but actually it's had lower rake than Party and Stars (for me).