Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: You remember i hate those Js? We\'ll they are back! (PS215!)

i hated this hand. I was lost the whole way, then decided i was going to bust or win the pot with this hand. Correct or not, i really wasnt too sure, so i chk/r allin. He thought for ages, and claims he folds QQ. He said he no longer beats anything i could have.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look, I know pushing is an easy and common play, and it's easy to say "overpair vs. overpair, what can you do." But I think there's something to be said for identifying that you're behind here, or at least trying to use the information available to determine so, and not just saying "It's an overpair, all in!"

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't disagree with this, but i do think that given these stack sizes, and the pot size by the time the flop comes around, that we just don't have enough room to find out enough information to get us to fold an overpair. i certainly don't think him 2/3 potting it, which may just be a standard CB, provides us with some sort of information that puts him on a hand better than ours.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you reraise preflop, bet almost half your stack on the flop, and consider it a "standard continuation bet"? Come on.
If villain wanted to push hero out, he would have gone all-in.
I think the information that hero is beaten IS there, it's just easy to ignore and/or rationalize a different line. Easy enough that most of us, including me, do it most of the time.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hated this hand. I was lost the whole way, then decided i was going to bust or win the pot with this hand. Correct or not, i really wasnt too sure, so i chk/r allin. He thought for ages, and claims he folds QQ. He said he no longer beats anything i could have.

[/ QUOTE ]

His thought process apparently mirrors mine.

But as one of my favorite sayings goes, "When you are neither right nor wrong, it is time to beat the drums and attack." So when all else fails, aggression wins. Great example.
See, poker is easy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]