Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 05:40 PM

Default To Peritonlogon

don't spread the word that people can get better at stud [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

though I dont think anyone is paying attention!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: To Peritonlogon

Yeah, I did mention to the Lag to my left that his play was not good and further gave a reason why, but he was up well over $200 at 1/2 so I doubt my words will stick.

Anyway, here's a situation that requires a vote, although, i think the answer is obvious.

situation, bring in is autobet/raise donk to my right(who has just dropped a days pay and will continue in the next hour to attempt to donate the rest of the week's wages), to my left is LAG who at this point is up +$100 in a little over an hour at this particular table and has some sort of skill. I've been jamming(when someone didn't beat me to it) with a pair of aces with a suited kicker. On 6th, donnator is all in and has made an open small pair, Lag pairs his J, door card, one of my aces is dead, and I pick up a flushdraw so I call 6th. I brick on the river and have only a pair of aces, the pot is now $86 or, as this is 1/2, 43BB. Do I call?

I'd post a vote thing, but don't seem to know how.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:52 PM

That certainly is a large pot. Do you think that both players were on draws?

If the jacks bet and the other guy with the onboard pair calls, you know you are lost and cannot call even if there is $200 in there.

If the jacks check and the other guy bets, you still canot have a winner.

Now, if the jacks bets and the other one folds, (this is the only situation in which the decision is difficult. Here I would call him. Expect to lose, but you only have to win in this situation 1 out of 43 times.

So as you see, what you do is totally dependent on the guy with the onboard pair and what he does as he provides a lot of the logic you will you to make your decision.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On 6th, donnator is all in and has made an open small pair, Lag pairs his J, door card, one of my aces is dead, and I pick up a flushdraw so I call 6th.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-16-2005, 11:08 PM

Yes, you call, simply to avoid the possiblity of going on tilt at missing out on a pot of over $80, to save $2. He could also have a busted draw here - I know if I did, I would bet my jacks to try and fold you in this pot.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:27 PM

It sounds like almost all of that big pot is in the main pot, so you need to beat them both, and they both have open pairs. If the donator really bets and raises with any starting hand, you may have the needed 2.4% chance of winning, but the parlay is getting AWFULLY thin. It would help to know what they were showing exactly, and how live their cards were (both pair cards and draw cards, because the guy with open jacks would have to have SOME sort of draw, and must miss both the draw AND the second pair for you to win). But given no info on that, I'm actually leaning towards folding.