Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-27-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Wynn or Mirage -- Where Should I Play?

FWIW

I have normally stayed at the Bellagio. For my trip in May I decided to stay at the Mirage as it is close to the Wynn (and the Wynn was booked). For my last trip in August I went back to the Bellagio.

Reasons:

1. I like the rooms at the Bellagio much better. On the side of the Mirage the poker rate is much better. I don't remember exactly, but it was something like $25 less during the week and more than that during the weekend.

2. The service levels at the Bellagio are much better.

3. The 15 games at the Wynn weren't great and the 40 game was awful.

4. The games at the Bellagio are usually very good and if you find yourself in a bad game, there is usually a better game just a table or 2 away and that is true almost most of the time.

5. The big dig on the Bellagio is the wait times and there is a lot of truth in that, but you can always get chummy with the brushes.

6. The Mirage games are fine, but they never seemed to get the 20 game going until the afternoon. I suppose that part of that could be due to the time of year (August) that I was last there.