Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Fun times exploiting Poker Prophecy

20/2, down to 5 or 6 at 50/100 blinds. utg with a stack of 1500 even limps. I have QQ utg +1 but onlu 800 chips. Not much room to work with post flop so I just push (if I win 250, oh well Ill show and hopefully gain some FE next few rounds when I dont have a monster). UTG thinks for awhile and calls with JJ, doubling me up.

Anyway, afterwards he says "I hate calling all-ins, its just gambling with weaker players." haha, so i love the jab he made at me there, after I goad him he informs me I am only 15 wins with 50 losses.

It's probably closer to 20 out of 85 or so itm, we know how PP misses plenty of tourneys. At the very end of August I switched accounts for rakeback reasons, and IMMEDIATELY started getting killed. Im pretty sure the period he spent thinking was him looking me up on prophecy. I had app 650 or so tourneys on my other account with 45% ITM or so (mixed 20s and 50s) so I imagine he woulda mucked his JJ quickly there if I was on that account. He busts out quickly and I go on to finish 1st.

Of course Im playing much better now and hitting some positive variance, so maybe next time some prophecy donk looks me up they wont think Im such a fish [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but Ill enjoy it while it lasts.

btw, after he made that comment I couldnt resist responding with "I push QQ every time I know there is a donk who cant fold JJ."
Old 08-09-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Fun times exploiting Poker Prophecy

I think it is humourous that somebody who limped with 15xbb with JJ called you a weak player.

Anyways talking trash at the poker table is the hallmark of a jackass.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so I imagine he woulda mucked his JJ quickly there if I was on that account.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i'm not really playing along with the spirit of your post but i would expect a good player to push with a wider range than a poor player.

also, limp-folding JJ against anyone who you didn't have a very good read on would be horrible. also limping JJ is horrible.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so I imagine he woulda mucked his JJ quickly there if I was on that account.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i'm not really playing along with the spirit of your post but i would expect a good player to push with a wider range than a poor player.

also, limp-folding JJ against anyone who you didn't have a very good read on would be horrible. also limping JJ is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the blinds are only 50/100 here, no one at the table is desparate. Theres no way i push anything but AQ+ or 1010+ here, just too risky and not worth it much, esp with utg limper.

now in a round or two its a different story [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one at the table is desparate.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, you are quite desperate with only 8BB on the UTG+1. you are losing FE if BB goes up in the next few hands.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:08 PM

If you really want to f*** him in the ass, report him to PartyPoker since they have ruled that Poker Prophecy is illegal.