Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: I think I should check this turn...??

[ QUOTE ]
If he has something that beats TP then you need the flush or a str8 to win. I put that at 12 outs (max - probably should be discounted).
12 out of 45 cards is 12 to 33 or 1 in 4 so your pot equity is 25%. you only get 2 bets to each one you put in (1 in 3) so your value bet seems to be -EV to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i put something confusing up in my post because someone else got confused too.

i can only figure he beats TP should i spike my Ace or K on the river if he raises the turn. if he doesn't i figure i still have 3 outs to one of my overcards.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:35 PM

I like bet/calling here. You have a bunch of outs and you may fold a better hand. It's an ev neutral bet but the possibility of folding someone else and increasing your equity probably tilts it positive. If you fold UTG+2 you'll often get a free showdown unimproved.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:38 PM

I have a hard time with checking-with-outs, too. Here's my analysis.

This isn't checking with outs, becasue we aren't the button. So we have 3 options: bet, check-call, and check-fold.

Our hand is worth somewhere around 14 outs, maybe a little more.

Check-fold is terrible, since we have the pot odds to continue (by a very wide margin).

Check-call seems reasonable, but with 3 opponents we are close to having an equity edge with 1 card coming. That plus the slight fold equity we have puts us in a range where betting is +EV for value. So I think I like betting here a little more than check-calling, and check-fold is a huge error.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:48 PM

I bet the turn. You might have the best hand and a bet can take this pot down if you do. You won't get C/Red by the BB unless he buries you and you close the action with proper odds if you're raised by UTG+2.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:57 PM

I think this is a bit of a close choice.

On one hand, if you bet now, you may cause someone to fold and buy some overcard outs(maybe). Also you get the option to lead again on the river for a bluff when you miss which youd only have to win 1 in 7 I beleive. Kinda dependand on read, which you don\'t have. This is the more risky play.

On the other hand, you could check which most players in micro limits do not do with a flush draw. If UTG2 bets, you can call, and checkraise him for another bet on the river when you hit, possibly even trapping BB for an extra big bet too, but fold when you miss.

I think I like option 2 best.