Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2005, 05:39 PM

Default My Girlfriend...is beating the hell out of me...AND I RAN HOME

Okay fellas....I'm not proud of myself...but my girlfriend beat me again 3 out of 4 HEADS UP No limit Holdem games...so last night after my last loss I packed my chips and left...going ALL-IN with nothing just to end the game...we keep a running total and she's won 52 to my 47...but her confidence is HUGE...and she's trash talking me...and I'm getting pissed! She's been playing like I told her too...raise and play aggressively. She's catching cards, and playing well. I feel like she's outplaying me...and she's been only playing a couple of months...and I started a year and half ago...she doesn't try to learn...and I own a dozen Holdem books. She thinks the game is lame...and not real poker like Draw or Stud. Did I mention she has an IQ of 140+...considerably higher than my own. And now I'm getting the distinct feeling she's going start soft playing me...what an insult. We show our hands everytime (this was for teaching purposes)...so she can't be obviously trying to let me win...but I noticed at the end of the night that she started checking after the flop...instead of betting like had been doing VERY SUCCESSFULLY.