Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: 3 hands from today\'s brutal beat down of my BR

I fold the first 2 hands preflop. QJo I don't think is good enough in MP3, especially with a decent player limping ahead of you. TT isn't good against a raise and a reraise, especially against solid players.

I fold the flop with QJo. If I knew MP1 was the type to bet crap, and MP2 played like me I might play on as he's likely to raise a worse hand here.

I like the turn call in hand 3, it looks like he has at least 2 pair. That river card could've helped you, I'm not sure how to play it. Is he stupid enough to bet a counterfeited 2 pair? I'd hate to bet and get raised by a counterfeited 2 pair...

Edit: Ah I posted that blindly. Do you think UTG+2 is capable of cold calling with JT? If not I think you're drawing too slim on the turn and should ditch it, assuming he doesn't bluff. If he would coldcall JT then I'd obviously call the turn, but I might just check the river if he's capable of cold calling AA or KK.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:26 PM

I don't know if I agree about the pot being big. It was only 5.5 sb to start. With a bet and a raise, do you think your equity is better than the 3.75 to 1 the pot is laying?

Of course were pretty sure that most of the time one of the two is on a straight or flush draw. Then sometimes theyre not. You've got some reverse implied odds working against you in a relatively below average sized pot.

I think I would fold, but not like it, because this is a close decision.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:00 PM

I'm really struggling with what to do on hand 1. If you had a backdoor draw I think it would make this a bit easier. But I still want to call this. MP2 may be raising with a hand like mid pair and flush or bd flush draw. You're behind JT and AJ or KJ and drawing slim. If turn comes blank and your faced with the same aggression I think its a safe fold.

Hand 2 seems equally confusing. There are more combinations of KJs, AK-AJ than AA-QQ which is nice against MP1. Also being that tight it may be easy to push him off a hand later. But MP2s 3-bet sucks. A range of hands for this type of player would be AA-TT. AK suited or not and maybe AQs if he's trying to get it heads up. You're ahead of about an equal number of these hands that you are behind to. I would still cap it, you may even get MP1 to fold and take it heads up with MP2.

Hand 3, since villain is passive I'll check/call the river. If he's REALLY passive I'd fold to the turn raise as his raise is less likely to be anything worse than two pair.