Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 07:39 AM

Default Re: should i fold?

[ QUOTE ]
Ah whatever its 50/50 you either win or you don't. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much. and against 2 unknowns and getting bet into and a caller, i didn't think that was good enough [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Result in white (in case others want to comment)
<font color="white">I folded.

Turn: K of hearts (one of the perfect cards i was waiting for)

SB bets, BB calls

River: a blank - non-spade.
SB checks, BB bets, SB calls. - think that's how it went...anyways.

SB shows ATo - Ace of spades
BB shows QQ - what the?!

That's why i asked what i did. i have been suffering a number of bad beats recently and so i wasn't sure if this wasn't one of my "figures, unimproved and major draw, none of which i got- so i'm definitely losing if i play this" moments. </font>
Old 07-19-2005, 07:58 AM

I'd say you have about 3-4 outs, and you're getting 10:1. Since you're closing the action I'd peel one off.

TJ
Old 07-19-2005, 08:17 AM

I have a really hard time playing these hands. This is a common situation in shorthanded play.

I think all three options can be considered.

- Folding. &gt;&gt;&gt; The board is coordinated. You have raised preflop, still UTG bets the flop so he is not to afraid of you. These factors indicates that you are behind, so a fold could be considered.

Calling: Well. In favor of calling is that you have no reads. Many players like to throw out a bet on the flop hoping to collect it right away. He might have seen you preflop raise as an indication of high card strenght and hopes that you are afraid he have paired the board with some stupid suited hand. This gives you the incentive to peel one AND you are closing the action so it might give you a free card on the turn even though itīs unlikely.

Raising: Same as for calling unless that it increases the chances for a free card on the turn. If he called and didīnt bet out on the flop i would reconsider. If he reraised on the flop i would call and fold to a turn bet.

The pot size is kinda medium, thatīs why i also consider the call and raise scenario. But frankly i have no idea what is the best here.

/Torben
Old 07-19-2005, 10:26 AM

@L-

i haven't read the thread, but you are scaring me.
i think this a standard flop call w/o reads getting TEN to ONE. do you really know you have less than 4 point whatever outs here after one small bet from the small blind w/o any reads? you could even have the best hand (thought i def. wouldn't raise)

cappuccino.

i'm guessing because you posted this hand that you either called, hit your A or K and lost to a flush or straight

or

that you folded, would have hit your A or K and villians had top pair or a busted draw.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
@L-

i think this a standard flop call w/o reads getting TEN to ONE. do you really know you have less than 4 point whatever outs here after one small bet from the small blind w/o any reads? you could even have the best hand (thought i def. wouldn't raise)

cappuccino.

i'm guessing because you posted this hand that you either called, hit your A or K and lost to a flush or straight

or

that you folded, would have hit your A or K and villians had top pair or a busted draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'm still debating my play on the hand, but see my above posting in white about the rest of the hand and why i did what i did. but i did post it to see if i wussed out `el crappola
Old 07-19-2005, 11:39 AM

I would usually fold on the flop, there's a really good chance I'm drawing to runner runner, I could already be drawing dead, I am gonna be subject to a billion redraws, and if I do hit a pair out it could easily complete a couple of draws. the fact that you're overcalling, while it does not necessarily diminish the current strength of your hand (he could have a worse hand), it does strenghten all the arguments for folding based on being up against multiple draws.

if I had a backdoor flush draw, then it would become closer and I might peel.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
@L-

cappuccino.

or

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'm still debating my play on the hand, but see my above posting in white about the rest of the hand and why i did what i did. but i did post it to see if i wussed out `el crappola

[/ QUOTE ]

hey. yeah. i know what you mean.
i just think 10:1 is too much to pass up against unknowns who could easily have QT or something and we have the safety of closing the action...but i also agree that it is troubling to be unable to figure our outs accurately.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:37 PM

I don't think folding here is a mistake. You are not sure how many outs you have and the pot is pretty small. Although I might call one SB (you might have 3-4 outs here)and if don't improve on the turn, I am out.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:46 PM

I think this is an easy fold...the board is connected and there is a two flush. I wouldn't say the pot is that small; however, I think this is an easy fold. You may be up against raggedy two pair or a four straight or flush...you basically have no outs...only partial outs which are worth next to nothing.