Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2003, 03:32 PM

Default Re: results FYI

"his call is terrible, there is NOTHING you could openraise with in MP that loses to KJ as the second nut-no pair. bad call on his part"
--In his defense, the table was going through a pretty weak-tight phase at that time, and I was openraising with a pretty wide range of hands. I could have had QJs, or... Okay, so it was a pretty bad call.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:38 PM

Scratch that...my brain is fried. Of course he loses to 99 and 88, but he does still beat QJ and tie KJ (offsuit)!

-- Homer
Old 03-12-2003, 03:46 PM

its still a bad call, but up against 88 or 99 he has 3 extra outs one that board as a T makes 88 or 99 into playing the board with a crappy kicker. The call is still bad as he is behind, probably WAY behind more often then not.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:12 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Straightforward?

very nicely played....textbook....
depending on how you read the opponents flop call, you can decide whether to bet the turn....but as a default, this was well played...

bad call on opponent on river? for the most part...BUT...
if he really doesnt know how the hero plays, this is cheap info. it's only 1 more bet to call....hindsight:lets say you didnt flush...and you bet, he calls, split pot...is it that bad a call then? how about if he calls and has KQ? and sweeps it?

a case can be made for this player calling. obviously he wasnt sure of marbles holdings, so took a bet to find out...

if he was actually doing that...

ive done it against players i wasnt sure of...though i may have played the rest of the hand a little different...

b