Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Party NL 6max 50$ isnt whiffle ball is it?

[ QUOTE ]
They're the same. I have about a bazillion hands at both and there is no difference.. at all. None.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bazillion, that must be a lot. I have less than a bazillion, but they also look the same to me. NL200 is more interesting.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Party NL 6max 50$ isnt whiffle ball is it?

[ QUOTE ]
NL200 is more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had the money. Maybe in a few months

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: What whiffle ball is

WOW. Totally terrid description of wiffle ball. In my neigborhood about 5 years ago, wiffle ball (and backyard football) were the things we did most. A good pitcher (like myself) could hold the opposing team to no hits usually. I have never heard it used as a term in reference to poker. I find it rather odd. Tons of skill involved, and pitch selection is very important. It's a very relaxing game and VERY fun to gamble on. It's a better alternative to golf IMO, as long as you have someone you like to do it with. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: What whiffle ball is

[ QUOTE ]
I have never heard it used as a term in reference to poker. I find it rather odd

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch Rounders and concentrate on the part Matt Damon is walking with his gf on the st when they are having a fight because hes back playing poker and he explains to her, because she goes on about "why are gambling... you could loose all your money..." and he sais somthing like "Why does it still seems like gambling to you, I couldnt loose it was like playing Whiffle ball why do you think the same 10 guys always make it to the final table in the WSOP what are they, the luckiest guys in Vegas"

Anyway you should watch that film , most of the zoo has

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]