Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-19-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Protected pot bluff

No reads.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

planning on folding to a 3bet and firing any river. anyone like it?
Old 12-19-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Protected pot bluff

no
Old 12-19-2005, 04:51 PM

That's digusting.

An unknown BB (PRF) was facing 2 back to him on the flop and capped it?? Unless BB is a complete mongoloid, you are only ahead of king high diamonds here.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:59 PM

Hands like these always look really stupid. Most of them are stupid. Some of them are okay. In order for this to actually work, you need BB to fold his QJ, KJ, QQ, KK. Maybe. You also need CO to be on a weaker J/flush draw. Maybe. But you also have a couple outs worth of pot equity. And the pot is massive.

With reads I think this can be okay. It really hinges on BB being capable of laying down. There are a ton of players who are calling KJ down in this spot. CO doesn't worry me much.

Krishan
Old 12-19-2005, 05:14 PM

ew...? this looks like me when i have on idea what to do on the turn. i ticker down to 0 and close my eyes and hit a button.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:50 PM

No reads, no like.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:04 PM

i think your most likely behind both players and they will both either call you or you will be 3bet by BB.
I think its pretty terrible barring a read that BB will fold a better hand and CO is a gutshot chaser
Old 12-19-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads, no like.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok, this response is stupid... no reads !! blahblashblah, this small stakes limit holdem, i could beat it weariing as blindfold.

soldier, this looks like not a good idea.. ive played a ton of hands in this game the past couple days, the BB always calls down w/ QJ... if u called this "v aggressive value betting w/ TJ," id trust you, but no1 folds the winner here, they are too stupid and they have seen too many inane plays at the pot...

the only way i raise turn is when BB is stupid enough that i will def have to call it down... if u can fold comfortably, just let it go.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's digusting.

An unknown BB (PRF) was facing 2 back to him on the flop and capped it?? Unless BB is a complete mongoloid, you are only ahead of king high diamonds here.

[/ QUOTE ]

usually when the title contains the word "bluff" the poster does not think they were ahead.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's digusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

usually when the title contains the word "bluff" the poster does not think they were ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi nl,

i think you should leave bluffing out of your arsenal at 10/20, especially when its quite clear your opponents have pairs. nobody folds.