Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Update

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch; down it goes, down into my belly, mmm mmm mmm.

Seriously, buying $150 bottle of booze and not knowing how to drink it is pimp. It's like buying a Ferrari and not knowing any of the engine specs.

Enjoy!
Old 12-18-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK I guess I'll just agree to disagree with you and think you're a douche.

NH - Jags

[/ QUOTE ]
So we've established you don't know dik about scotch. Now you're talking about douche. Which do you prefer? Neat or Rocks?
Old 12-18-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: How to drink Johnny Walker Blue

I recently bought myself a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. It is, IMO, perfect neat-it is smooth enough that, unless you are totally uncomfortable with scotch in general (in which case you shouldn't have bought it anyway), you should be able to enjoy it without ice.
My roommate, who is a giant alcoholic and scotch aficiando, scoffed when I offered him ice with his glass of Blue Label. It seems like such a waste to take an enjoyable and not harsh drink and dilute it for no real reason.
P.S. How much did you pay for your bottle? I got mine for $180 but I've heard that some places they for for as much as $300. This strikes me as ridiculous.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally don't like scotch so I'd just mix it with some Coke.

[/ QUOTE ]

mixing Coke with (what I'm pretty sure is) a 150+ dollar bottle of blended Scotch would make Diablo cry

[/ QUOTE ]

why the hell does it matter if it makes diablo cry or myself?

wasting scotch is wasting scotch and makes any scotch connoisseur weep.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mixing Coke with (what I'm pretty sure is) a 150+ dollar bottle of blended Scotch would make Diablo cry

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to feel this way, too, but it really doesn't matter- if I feel like scotch straight up, it's Macallan 18; if I feel like a scotch and soda, well, it's Macallan 18. Why? Because, it tastes better, and I can afford it, bitches.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:06 AM

To whoever said something about blends trying to sound all educated about Scotch,

A single malt is by no means inherently better than a blend and it makes no sense to say "drink a blend this way and a single malt this way." Sorry.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a.) my statement, despite being true, was also a joke
b.) nobody would really give a flying [censored] if it upsets you. Diablo is 2p2's resident Scotch aficionado and it makes more sense to use him in my statement

i hope this helps.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To whoever said something about blends trying to sound all educated about Scotch,

A single malt is by no means inherently better than a blend and it makes no sense to say "drink a blend this way and a single malt this way." Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must drink singles with the right hand and blends with the left hand. Didn't you get the memo?

I'll make sure you get a copy of that memo, mmmmkay?
Old 12-18-2005, 07:59 AM

Quit bein a chick and drink it sally.

SGS
Old 12-18-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yay an alcohol post. I didn't want to start a new thread involviong alcohol, so here goes:

Alright, im a little drunk, so leniancy is in order. Tomorrow I leave for home at 7 in the morning, so I'm staying at my uncle's house near the Long Beach airport. He was invited to a christmas party across the street, unfortunately, he is really sick and could not make it. He sent me in his stead with my grandmother, whom I was supposed to introduce to the neighboors because my grandmorther is an 80 year old romanian nutcase and doesn't like leaving the house. I ask if they'll have beer, he says they wiull, im in. I take her over there, she's bitching in a foreign language about how she hates the people across the street. i drop her off int he house, say hi to a few yuppie douchebags and theiur semi hot wives, and go to find the keg. (not before snagging a corona from the host, who somehow thinks im 21 or doesn't care) I go out back to the keg and there are 3 guys standing around trying to figure out how to work it. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] How do you get through college and not know how to work a keg? Im a godam freshman and I know. So I get beers for all of them, and it is this really bitter Sierra stuff. Eww. So I drink around 4 of those while talking to these guys about real estate in california. Then I see these hot 20 somethings go iknto the house. I bid adieu to my yuppie douchebag freinds, and go in to talk to those two. I talk to one of them a while and am feeling good when I let it drunkenly slip that I am a freshman. WEhoops. Now the host is pouring hard drinks for people (i down a few), and I end of hitting on the hot wife of one of the yuppies. This is where it turns bad. Im 18. The hjot moms daughter comes in, who has been sitting in the other room with her young friends. Ummmmmm shes 15, kinda hot, yada yada. She starts ta;lking to me and we go to the bathroom and make out. I get out when I start to feel bad and I see my grandmother drinking her fourth glass of wine. Now she's drunk and so am i so i tell her that we are leaving. We somehow make it back across the street and into the house, where i start up my computer to finish sweating CardsharpCook pwn the Grand Tournament V.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another * is in order.