Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Well...

MP2 seems good.

MP3 is semi-tight and not so good.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 12-01-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Well...

I like it a lot. Obv folding to a three bet....Are you calling one bet on a blank river?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:23 AM

standard.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:24 AM

Magnificant.

MP2 would have made it 3-bet pf with just about anything that beats you. The only hands I'd be worried about from him or the other tight player wouuld be ATs, but that's unlikely.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:24 AM

I'd like to think you're ahead here. I'd play it the same way.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Magnificant.

MP2 would have made it 3-bet pf with just about anything that beats you. The only hands I'd be worried about from him or the other tight player wouuld be ATs, but that's unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this play too, but could easily see MP2 cold calling KQ or QJs at 2/4.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:47 AM

Does the 4 save us or make us the 2nd best hand LOL?

What can we attribute MP2's turn raise to? If he's good, you have to put him on one of a big ace or suited broadway or maybe KQo, right? The chances of him cold-calling one opponent with A4s or 44 is pretty low, so we should be reasonably safe from the turn 4. So the turn raise suggests either a slowplayed made hand (2 pair or a big set) from the flop or an isolation raise to get us HU.

The rock is pretty passive but I'm a little concerned he calls two cold on the turn.

I don't believe either villain has a straight. So if we're behind on the river, it's to a boat. You certainly aren't betting a big hand into a fold. The passivity of MP3 suggests he'll just call, so it's down to u and MP2. I can live with your river raise on the premise that you'll get two callers if ahead, but I'm curious if you would call a re-raise back to us.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:59 AM

I like it, although the value of the river play depends (somewhat) on whether or not the good player in MP2 will cold-call with KQo (and also whether he might do so with KK-JJ).

Anyway, here are some combos:

KQs = 2
KJs = 2
QJs = 2

ATs= 2
T9s = 4

So for that range (which is probably too narrow), a river checkraise-fold looks good with the third player involved (who you most likely have beat and who may call). Toss in KQo (9 combos) and continue to disregard KK-JJ and the play starts looking even better.

If Villain will get scared and sometimes check AK on the river, well, that's a potential drawback to the play.

But I like the play, and I'm not going to claim I would have found it during the hand. I don't look at a river card very often and think, "Cool. Now I can checkraise-fold."
Old 12-01-2005, 01:03 PM

MP2 had ATs, and I said "oh well" because that's all I ever say anymore.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:12 PM

Yeah but you know your only behind that one hand exactly from the pre-flop action especially if they are good players ( but it doesnt look like they are that tough)

I usually lead the river on this. Does anyone else? I want to make sure it doesnt get checked behind by something like a counterfitted jq