Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-27-2005, 05:51 PM

Default 150/300 hand

6max 150/300 and I've been playing mb 15 minutes and am running good. Haven't had any confrontations with the villain in this hand yet though. He's probably a pretty straightforword and a little too tight of a player (i pretty much only play 6max on interpoker so his stats are from short handed - 18/9/1 through the 170 hands I've played with him and I don't remember him at all and he really hasn't done much this session.

Villain raises in the high-jack and I call 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the bb. Hate it vs player described?

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check call.

Turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, he calls.

River 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

My line?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: 150/300 hand

Bet/fold sounds right I think. I don't think he's aggressive enough to bet a worse hand here, but he may very well read your turn donk as some goofy draw and might call with A-high. If he was slowplaying something big on the turn, he'll raise the river and you can safely fold.

I don't play much short handed online, and certainly don't play 150/300, but i'd go w/ bet/fold here.

lf
Old 11-27-2005, 06:16 PM

Well I'm def not qualified to respond to this but I'm looking to improve my game so hopefully its Ok and you can tell me if you think i have something wrong.

Against an opponent who is apparently this straight forward I think you have a bet/fold situation on the river. If I think the opponent is tricky enough to bluff raise the river ever then I check/call and feel pretty good about the hand. Assuming I read your post correctly he raise 9% PFR at SH tables over 170 hands. This is a pretty narrow range that to me means missed overs, AJs, maybe ATs, pairs TT+. So I conclude if you are beat its not close but his actions make me think you are ahead so i bet.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Villain raises in the high-jack and I call 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the bb. Hate it vs player described?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't possibly be considering folding preflop right?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:54 PM

bet
Old 11-27-2005, 06:56 PM

i dont understand why you bet the turn. i would alternate between c/c and c/r on that card. can you explain why you donked it with a showdownable hand?

river seems like an easy bet imo.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6max 150/300 and I've been playing mb 15 minutes and am running good. Haven't had any confrontations with the villain in this hand yet though. He's probably a pretty straightforword and a little too tight of a player (i pretty much only play 6max on interpoker so his stats are from short handed - 18/9/1 through the 170 hands I've played with him and I don't remember him at all and he really hasn't done much this session.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check call.

Turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, he calls.

River 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

My line?

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all, i don't think pf is bad.

I don't think he's betting Ace-high on the river, but may call. Bet, and I think you can fold easily to a raise.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:05 PM

Bob,

I would probably call a river raise. What hand does he smoothcall the turn with that raises the river? The play makes no sense and will be a bluff enough times to call IMO.

Surf
Old 11-27-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

I would probably call a river raise. What hand does he smoothcall the turn with that raises the river? The play makes no sense and will be a bluff enough times to call IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose, but IMO a guy like this (agg:1) is not getting cute on the river.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right it might be a K-high bluff enough times (even A-high---- but that idea may not be right against this type of player)...but I do this sometimes with a strong hand if I feel the other player has a weak hand and may fold to a turn raise...sometimes I just call their river bet, sometimes I raise it. But if I know they will call my turn raise and a river bet...then I raise. Just depends.