Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 12:20 AM

Default AK heads up check up

Excuse me if this is boringly standard, but I'm investigating possible leaks this week and wondering if this is one of them.

Villain has TAG stats: 18/10/1.3 after 96 hands. I don't recall getting involved with him before this hand -- and hey, if you're a 2+2er and reading this, Villain, maybe you wanna chime in if you remember this hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Since I just had his stats to go on, I put him on a normal TAG 3-betting range, which means AA-TT, AK, AQs pretty much. 99 if he's pretty frisky. Since QTs is the best flush draw he can have, and I doubt he'd 3-bet that, it was hard to put him on a draw here. So on the flop I decided to treat it as a WA/WB hand, figuring any aggression I made would get hands drawing to 2 outs to fold, or get reraised by better hands.

I haven't used the check-call check-call bet line as much lately, but on this flop I decided to go with it. Should I have changed plans? What's the what is, peeps.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: AK heads up check up

Seems reasonable. That is probably how I would have played it. What's your planif you get raised on the river?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:41 AM

You're actually more likely to be tied than behind, and there's a pretty good chance you're ahead.

Well, let's see. Using the range you provide, we get this:

AA = 1
JJ = 1

AK = 6

AQs = 2
KK = 3
QQ = 6
TT = 6

So, yeah, our chances look good, but I'm not sure where that leaves us. We're unlikely to get lots of action out of anything in this range that we beat, and with hands like TT and QQ, Villain might find a fold.

I think we want some bets going in. But we're out of position and Villain is the biggest preflop aggressor. Putting in a raise represents what we have, which is bad for us if Villain has QQ and decides to believe us.

Your line seems okay to me, and it's probably what I would have done. But I'm also open to other suggestions.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your plan if you get raised on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Urinate in my pants and call.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:38 AM

sounds perfect, nh
Old 11-26-2005, 01:45 AM

Looks good, you wear adult diapers while you play too, right?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's your plan if you get raised on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Urinate in my pants and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you poop your pants when villian shows K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:08 AM

I would either bet this flop or seeing how you checked it I would check raise it. Seeing how you did neither I would bet the turn...or seeing how you didn't do that I would check raise the turn. You have a made hand. (if this is all wrong I appologize as I have been drinking heavely)
Old 11-26-2005, 04:40 AM

Looks good to me.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

do you poop your pants when villian shows K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

One testicle crawled up into my pelvis when he raised, I called, and he showed TT. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]