Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: All Streets Debatable

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to disagree with the others. I think a flop fold is very bad. There's a lot of garbage he could have. If you're playing, you gotta raise, which is good. I don't know why you checked the turn. I bet the turn and fold to a CR. I check behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree except folding the flop isn't that bad.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: All Streets Debatable

[ QUOTE ]
Our House sent me a video of his play and this is one hand I picked out that I would have played differently.

I think the flop is a fold. BB is gonna have an ace or better jack a lot here. If he has a sapde he has at least 33% equity and probably more since his club will often be a queen or king. Furthermore we are not closing the action and sb who coldcalled in the sb could also have us beat. The pot isn't too big so I think all these things combined makes it a fold.

I also think you should bet the turn. Your flop, turn , and river actions are inconsistent. If you think he is on a draw (which you must because you raised the flop) you should make him pay on the turn and check behind on the river. I think you should fold the river because he isn't bluffing enough and the king could have paired him if he was on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree fully with this response