Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Soul Searching

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else 3bet the turn. You have top pair and an OESFD.

Thats:
9 outs to a flush
8 outs to a straight
2 outs to trips
3 outs to an iffy 2 pair (1 actual out)

[/ QUOTE ]

9 outs to flush, 6 to straight (already counted K and 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as flush outs). Not sure if this was just a mistake or you usually double count your outs. Just want to make sure you get it right.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:22 PM

I raise preflop here also. This is just a pure value bet. You likely have the best hand, and also probably will have at least some kind of draw on the flop. Either overcards, or at least some kind of gutshot.

You probably have an equity edge because of the loose player. Anytime the pot is being contested by at least 50% loose players, I think you can raise ANY TWO SUITED BROADWAY cards out of the blinds. If there are either a high proportion of tight players, or one or more supertight players already in the pot, I don't make the raise.

The raise gives you some measure of control of the hand, in this case, with the pot three handed, it is possible that everyone misses, and you could win on the flop if noone else improves. In a multiway pot, you will bloat the pot, which will reduce the importance of position. Finally, when I started playing, I only raised very big hands out of the blinds, there are certainly a lot of players that play that way, and this provides a measure of disquise to what you might be playing.

I know this doesn't apply to most of us here because we play online, but Clarkmeister said something like, 'If you aren't sure that this is a good raise, look at your opponents faces, and their unhappiness will convince you that you did something good for yourself.' Think about the times that you limped, and then one of the blinds raised. How did you feel? How did you play the hand from that point on? Do you think that the raiser from the blinds had an advantage?

Anytime that mostly loose players are in the pot, I raise any two suited broadway cards from the CO, button, and either blind. If the players are sufficiently loose and predictable, and the CO and button are tight, I also raise these hands from the Hijack spot.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'If you aren't sure that this is a good raise, look at your opponents faces, and their unhappiness will convince you that you did something good for yourself.' Think about the times that you limped, and then one of the blinds raised. How did you feel? How did you play the hand from that point on? Do you think that the raiser from the blinds had an advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:36 PM

who loves poker? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

that was pretty much the worst river card. at 2/4, I can't see how you are ahead ever. even I fold here, and I call down too much as it is.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who loves poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 03:49 PM

Good fold. Krimson is right on the money about a three bet, only with position. I hate folding and i do here, we dont have anything.

I dont raise out of the small with JQs ever though. About people giving you credit for a bigger hand, at 2/4 I just dont think this happens. Everyone is terrible.