Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Yes, no or maybe so?

Canterbury 15/30 9 handed

cold caller here is a retard. probably 75/7. SB can play OK, but I think she is drunk. BB is also a retard in the 75/7 range. both retards love to call down and overcall and play any 2 soooooted cards.

I raise K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG, a few folds, monkey CC's, blinds call.

Flop 4 ways (8SB): K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, I raise, Monkey CC's, SB now 3-bets, BB calls, I make it 4, monkey CC's 2 more, SB calls, BB now caps, I call, monkey calls.

Turn (4 players) (14BB):5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checks to me, I bet, monkey calls, SB now raises, BB calls 2 cold, I make it 3 bets, monkey folds, SB calls, BB calls.

River (3 players) (24BB): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, I....yes, no or maybe so?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Yes, no or maybe so?

Eh. The monkey definitely looks to have been on the flush draw. But, I'm still betting and I'll call one raise. But, if it goes: bet/raise/raise, then I think it'd be safe to fold.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:38 AM

Bet and kill yourself if you get checkraised. But seriously he could have JT too.

I'm not capable of foloding if I get CR'd.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

SB checks, BB bets, I raise, Monkey CC's, SB now 3-bets, BB calls, I make it 4, monkey CC's 2 more, SB calls, BB now caps, I call, monkey calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why BB would decide to donk with a flush draw. SB came alive on the turn with probably 2 pair or something. She's most likely drawing dead.

I think a value bet would be ok. My experience with players that donk... they would either have a super monster or have something really goofy. And I almost never see them do both a donk and a c/r. It's usually not in their arsenal. (10/20 games atleast...)

I think BB would've donked the river with excitement if he made his flush here.

EDIT: I feel so sure they weren't on a flush. Can you PM me with what they had? Got me curious now.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:06 AM

what did BB say when he capped the flop out of nowhere? His flop/turn line looks sooooo much like a flush draw, but since SB pretty much never has a flush and me have good hand I don't think I could resist a value bet.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh. The monkey definitely looks to have been on the flush draw. But, I'm still betting and I'll call one raise. But, if it goes: bet/raise/raise, then I think it'd be safe to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The monkey folded on the turn.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:24 AM

By their play I am more apt to believe one of them has a set or 2 pair. Only the SB I would consider having the draw and he folded the turn. I seriously doubt someone check raised a draw then checked the river to check raise you because he caught the flush. Bet the fricken thing then call and say "nice hand" if donk master really did do the unimaginable and raises you with the 65s flush.

In live games players are less apt to act like crazy morons with draws then online. Also consider the player. Is he a LAG? Is he a rich guy that doesnt care about his money?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The monkey folded on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. I guess that's what I get for trying to think at 4:30am. Reading > me. Regardless, I think I'd still play it the same: bet and call one raise, but not two.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 15/30 9 handed

cold caller here is a retard. probably 75/7. SB can play OK, but I think she is drunk. BB is also a retard in the 75/7 range. both retards love to call down and overcall and play any 2 soooooted cards.

I raise K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG, a few folds, monkey CC's, blinds call.

Flop 4 ways (8SB): K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn (4 players) (14BB):5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checks to me, I bet, monkey calls, SB now raises, BB calls 2 cold, I make it 3 bets, monkey folds, SB calls, BB calls.

River (3 players) (24BB): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, I....yes, no or maybe so?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see no reason to not bet this.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:45 PM

I'd probably check-through, though that may be the wimpy/gun-shy move.

The SB check-raised twice, so she's not on the flush. The BB very well could have the flush, BUT he's a retard, which pushes me toward a river bet. But then the drunk SB waits behind us, possibly looking to check-raise a third time, which would be unpleasant...