Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: 300/600 AA spewing...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you put the guy squarely on an overpair, and played the hand perfectly according to that read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the folding to a river raise part.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, for the same reasons mike l. gives. i thought about editing my post and mentioning that but i thought it would make me look like a mike l. fanboi. at first i didn't even read the last sentence of rig's post
Old 10-24-2005, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As others have stated, I think this hand was expertly played. At first I thought that 3betting the flop would have been best (I'm still not sure it isn't, your hand doesn't really look like AA there, more like Abig diamonds that didn't want to pressure the button, but now wants more money in the pot.) If you can count on the button to bet the turn, however, I like the slow play. Having the turn checked through would be a disaster.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i kept waiting for the part where you spew and it didnt come. i think you played this one fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I think I'm second guessing myself to much these days.
[ QUOTE ]

and bet-folding the river in a huge pot at 300-600 (where the players tend to be trickier) seems like a bad idea. bet-calling would be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely fold to a raise on the river in a pot like this (I call to much if anything). But these guys are of the call and pray type when it comes to the river.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised you didn't raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

After that flop action Button bets 98% of the time and SB calls with any draw, so I figured I could wait till the turn to come clean.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:09 PM

For those interested SB took the pot with KdJd. Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:32 PM

Ok so I would like to look at this scenario and distinguish how terrible the SB played this hand. Does anyone else agree with me?

Here is what I’m thinking.

Ok first off 3 betting with KdJd. Pretty risky business. Although with a raise on the button ok I can live with that. It’s a lil suspicious. So ok. But then the BB calls and the Button Caps it. So right there you in a hand that’s capped with a pretty mediocre holding.

So ok. The flop comes Good for the Flush SB. He bets. Ok I like that. I’d do the same.
Ok so the turn is no help to SB and the Button Bets out. So right now there is 5400$ in the pot + 600$ bet by the button making it 6k. So right now he’s getting 10:1 to call. Hell YES im calling with those odds.

Ok so now he calls but then the BB Raises. And UH OH, the Button 3 Bets its back to me. So now lets look at the board.

2 diamonds but also two 10s out there which means that because the 2 other players have overpairs (which is pretty obvious) Hes lost 2 of his outs to hit his flush because if they make their set he could still lose to a FH over a flush. So his odds right now are probably 1:7 ish or close enough. So basically he is getting 9000:1200 pot odds on calling which is pretty much 7:1 So it looks like a correct call but he has to assume that the betting will be capped which gives him 9000:1800 instead of the 9000:1200 that hes actually putting in now. So his implied odds are 1/5. Giving him incorrect odds in calling the raises. So anyways he makes a bad call and calls BUT its not that terrible bad cause it’s a HUGE pot and if he wins he wins big. But still incorrect mathmatically.

So the river comes 6d compelting his flush. Now the SB Checks (you would assume hes checking to let everyone else bet then the BB Bets OK great for the SB, the Button calls (even better for the small blind) then the SB goes to raise……Oh wait. He just calls? If your worried about the nut flush then FOLD much ealier before you invest thousands of dollars into a pot.

He calls capped bets and then just calls the river when he makes the 2nd nut flush? Whats the point of staying in a pot if when you make the hand your hoping for you just call the river bet? Its possibly one of the worst calls ever in my opinion. So anyways, I think the SB played this hand terribly but got rewarded for his idiocy im just happy that he DIDN’T raise and make the other 2 pay him off because they pretty much had to call getting 23:1 to call. So its basically a no brainer call. Im beyond surprised that someone at this level plays this horribly.

What do you all think about my analysis. Give me some feedback about how horrible my post is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 03:46 PM

Beutiful hand, i realy realy like the way you play all streets. The way i see it you got maximum value from your hand and its just unfortunate the SB got u on the river.
You manage to get in 4 bets on the turn that just so beutiful.
Did button have KK or AA?

"edit"
Im not a 100% sure that i would bet the river thou since to me (and you?) its pretty aparant that the sb is chasing the fldraw, since u dont have Ad maybee id put him on Adxd so i would be afraid of him raising the river. Also i love the fact that u wait until the turn to raise maximum value when safe card dropps!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:16 PM

No, I meant the first time around.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I meant the first time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

because Button capped preflop and I fully expected him to raise again.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:27 PM

how does the sb not find a river raise?
dave