Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-04-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Loosing tons of cash is fun....please help me (longish)

You think I would have learned how to spell after the first two years of Uni....or at least proofread
Old 09-04-2005, 11:34 PM

I'm sure you have read this post, but read it again it always helps me. Link
Old 09-04-2005, 11:59 PM

if u have a 30-40% ROI how is buying into 30/60 1/3rd of ur bankroll? it aggravates me that you would lie through your teeth over an anonymous internet forum. ive read your hands and thought processes, you arent a good player and you will go broke, you are making almost 300 a set you say so 1000 is 3 hours of work, you dont hear a guy working mcdonalds cry cuz he went to the [censored] movies and spent 15 dollars, you suck u will go broke and no one thinks your cool for going to a bar and spending money so grow up and stop lying.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if u have a 30-40% ROI how is buying into 30/60 1/3rd of ur bankroll? it aggravates me that you would lie through your teeth over an anonymous internet forum. ive read your hands and thought processes, you arent a good player and you will go broke, you are making almost 300 a set you say so 1000 is 3 hours of work, you dont hear a guy working mcdonalds cry cuz he went to the [censored] movies and spent 15 dollars, you suck u will go broke and no one thinks your cool for going to a bar and spending money so grow up and stop lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet dude...well I played 30/60 before I started playing SNGS when my roll was about 5k. My 30-40% was over about 50 sngs out of the 700 or so I've played. I never claimed to be amazning which is why I post hands. I also only post hands that I've played like crap so I can get good advice on areas that need improvement. Just chill out and don't take everything so seriously
Old 09-05-2005, 02:39 AM

move down, the money clearly means way to much to you to be playing at this level
Old 09-05-2005, 07:20 AM

Dude... this thread has to be a joke. Did you thin kthat you could get away with this [censored] just cause I'm in vegas??

I mean all this about your friends oooing and awwing about you losing 1k?!?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are kidding about this thread, but maybe you just thought Id never read it.

As for helping you disattachment with money, I highly reccomenend Hanging out with a ton of cool baller stters and seeing em play craps and BJ for ten times what your bitching about. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 11:33 AM

haha arigt well you and one other dude are the exception but I'm talking about the people I live with. You clearly know that I'm not adjusted to winning and loosing this kind of money quite yet even though I'm turning into a gamboolaholic and I'll be used to it soonish. Maybe I need to quit my job or something. Or maybe I need to try playing Paigow or BJ at 1k a hand and loose a few grand to stop bitching or at least spend 1k at the stippers. Anyways this thread wasn't about me being upset about the money necissarily...it was about how to play optimally after loosing money and if people really do once they hit a bit of a downswing and if you should just play through it or take a break.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think I would have learned how to spell after the first two years of Uni....or at least proofread

[/ QUOTE ]

You would think you would learn to use paragraphs so it wouldn't be painful to read.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In general the reason I made the post was to find out ways people deal with downswings and just start up a discution which I guess I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to stop thinking in these terms. If you are adequately bankrolled and you are a winning player, there is nothing to deal with. For example, if your bankroll is 100 buy-ins and you lose 20 buy-ins nothing has really changed. You still have a solid bankroll and you are a winning player. That is a pretty good combination. So what exactly is the problem?

Instead of thinking, "oh my god what am I going to do" your thoughts should be "what mistakes have I made and how can I get better". A losing streak is simply an opportunity to reflect on your game and improve your play (you should be doing this all the time).

Paul
Old 09-05-2005, 12:41 PM

Sweet a post that isn't just flaming me. Well what your saying is what I'm trying to achieve. I guess the amount of money I'm playing for is just a bit of a barrier...one which I'm slowly getting around. The giga post that's linked above is a really good one relating to this. If you haven't checked it out I defiantly would.

About mistakes I always go over HH's and cut and paste hands that I find interesting of that I misplayed during the SNGs and go over them which is something I never did before but something which is sooo crucial.

I haven't played for a few days and feel like I want to play so I'm about to fire up some sngs and play perfectly hopefully