Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-21-2005, 11:36 AM

Default sng tracker question

possibly only answerable by hood =(

the new pokertracker thing has SQL databases as an option. it is then also possible to convert your mdb database file to SQL and then use SQL as your default dbase, making the mdb file sort of obsolete. is there any way to get sng tracker to link up to these SQL files yet, or are there plans to do so in the future?

btw, i just got this program, and it rules.

citanul
Old 07-21-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: sng tracker question

Not quite sure what you mean by "sql files", but I know pokertracker now supports PostgreSQL database as well as access (the mdb files). I plan to add support for this in the next version.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:09 PM

well i was able, through some finagling, to like, convert the mdb to a sql database, and then remove the mdb (i didn't delete it yet). but now i import straight to the sql database, i think. so new tournaments are not getting put in the mdb file. if i'm totally wrong about how this whole sql thing works, that's cool too.

citanul
Old 07-21-2005, 01:17 PM

It's a bit confusing to talk about a "sql database", because (getting a bit techy here) SQL is just a language you use to query a database. The MDB file, with is a Microsoft Access Dstabase, is technically a "sql database", because you use SQL to query the data.

Pokertracker has (if what I've read here is correct) now added PostgreSQL support. This is simply another database format, which is also queried by SQL (which is why it's relatively easy to support more than one database system).

If you've moved over to a PostgreSQL database, then your MDB database is obviously not being used any more. SNG Tracker currently only supports importing from a pokertracker MDB database. V0.2 will hopefully support importing from a postgreSQL DB too.

Until then, there's not much you can do other than import data to SNG Tracker through another method till the next version is out.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:21 PM

When do you think V 0.2 will hit the street? I can export to text files and import, no? (Or is that for the big ass spreadsheet that also does not support postgresSQL yet? meh, I converted too soon, two great new (to me) tools and I can't easily use them yet.)
Old 07-21-2005, 01:23 PM

cool. thanks.

last question for now: is there a way to use two "Default player names?" I can only get it to list my party account right now.

citanul
Old 07-21-2005, 01:33 PM

Not sure when v0.2 will be out. I had hoped the end of the week but that's not looking too likely at the mo.

Yes, you can directly import from a text file or a folder with text files, assuming the exported text files are in exactly the same format that Party would write itself.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cool. thanks.

last question for now: is there a way to use two "Default player names?" I can only get it to list my party account right now.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you use watches. These watch the folder and auto-imports for you. You can set up a different player name for each watch.

Other than that, you need to keep switching player name every time.

This will also change in the next version.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, i just got this program, and it rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got it too. PokerTracker was great but way too complicated, and I hated the manual entry of tournament details. Plus, the ROI calculation in SNG tracker seems to be more accurate.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:52 PM

Any chance you'll have it calculate hourly rate? This is my "official" feature request.