Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-31-2005, 08:30 AM

Default sometimes you just gotta fold aces

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero ...
Old 12-31-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: sometimes you just gotta fold aces

Do you actually consider folding here getting 1:18 against an unknown? That would be pretty terrible. With a good read, you could fold the river UI, but against an unkown you should of course show this down probably getting 2:20 in effective odds. I really expect to win more than the required 9% in this spot.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:51 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: sometimes you just gotta fold aces

no reads? CO can't be going crazy with TPTK thinking flush draws are out? i think K9 or 99 may be possible. if he had a set on the flop i hate his play; he'll lose alot of value in the long run. SB is either a huge fishymcfish or he has a flush draw. would it be weak to just call the turn? i wouldn't mind trying to get to showdown cheap. yeah, lots of times its correct to fold aces. i don't think i would do it here. i may just call and donk a nonspade river. you have outs against two pair...of course a read could change everything......