Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Burger King Menu Confusion

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to say.

Here's my BK rant: I know that of the several BK's in my area, most of them suck. BK advertises their burgers as "flame-broiled", yet many of the BK's I've visited put the patties on the grill just enough to get grill marks on the patty. They then finish cooking the patty in the microwave, which gives it that nuked crappy taste and a plain gray color. They keep doing it that way and people apparently keep buying them. Their burgers are great when cooked like they are supposed to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
This also isn't really true. They fully cook it on the grill, but they do 10-20 burgers at a time, and then re-heat them before serving. They are certainly not "cooking" the meat in the microwave.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BK was my first job, so I can answer this one.

"Extra Hot" means they microwave it twice as long.
"Fresh off the Grill" is the magic word, takes a bit longer but they have to give you freshly cooked meat and a freshly toasted bun, this can be done for all items if you don't mind waiting 5 minutes for your food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait I can ask for this, and it's like common BK knowledge? This might be the best news I've heard in months!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the "Have it Your Way" is really powerful to knowledged customers.

You can also ask for no salt on your fries, they have to cook them fresh and then you can salt them yourself so they don't get over-salted.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Fresh off the Grill" is the magic word, takes a bit longer but they have to give you freshly cooked meat and a freshly toasted bun, this can be done for all items if you don't mind waiting 5 minutes for your food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait I can ask for this, and it's like common BK knowledge? This might be the best news I've heard in months!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also ask for no salt on your fries, they have to cook them fresh and then you can salt them yourself so they don't get over-salted.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on going to Bruger King in the next half hour and testing this out. I will report back to OOT.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:28 PM

I find "brother" or attaching titles like Mister or Doctor working their way into my addresses of people like this...and like "boss" or "chief," they are very positively received.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on going to Bruger King in the next half hour and testing this out. I will report back to OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 2+2 community has this and many other questions on their collective mind. Will you ask for a toasted bun? Will you get chicken fries? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just don't piss them off by asking for salt on the side. Only do it if the salt is at a self-serve counter.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:33 PM

Nah, I'm not a dick. I will ask for the "fresh off the grill" b/c that tastes better and I want to se what kind of reaction I get. I may or may not get chicken fries, I probably will. I'm not going to ask specifically for a toasted bun, as I want to see what fresh of the grill gets me.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, I'm not a dick. I will ask for the "fresh off the grill" b/c that tastes better and I want to se what kind of reaction I get. I may or may not get chicken fries, I probably will. I'm not going to ask specifically for a toasted bun, as I want to see what fresh of the grill gets me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to risk NOT getting a toasted bun?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:40 PM

My wife does not like her burger buns toasted (insert joke here). I'm equally perplexed.