Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 07:35 PM

Default where to take my micro bankroll? party (which skin) or paradise?

im going to be playing 50c/1$ on somewhat of a bankroll finally, and I was going to put in $200 upfront, with a 100$ addon if I need it, but is it worth it to take it to paradise for the GRANNY bonus? is it hard to clear? or is there a better alternative on a party skin w/ rakeback? I already am on regular PP. is the play on paradise really as tight as they say it is on pokerlistings (a 1 rating, hardest)? how long does paradise take to cash out? any help would be great, thanks
Old 01-14-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: where to take my micro bankroll? party (which skin) or paradise?

I am curious in the answer as well. Sorry I cant help you.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:06 PM

The Paradise Granny bonus is worth it. One key reason: The bonus does not expire. Secondly, you can actually slowly clear the bonus playing .25/.5 if you want. In prime time, tables will have maybe half their hands over the bonus-clearing $5 mark.

At .5/1, depending on when you play, 7+ hands every trip of the table will qualify for bonus-clearing points. So, it will go quickly.

Paradise releases the bonus $10 at a time, so you'll be reaping benefit every 100 qualified hands to which you are dealt in.

Players on Paradise can be better than players on Party. But I often see tables even on Party that have a bunch of tight players pre-flop, robbing you of the LPs contributing to pots.

Nevertheless, I am a big believer in playing where the bonuses are. Get an account on Paradise for their very generous bonus (only if you follow Granny's instructions to the 'T')

Since you are playing .5/1, bonus chasing is a better choice than rakeback chasing if you must choose between the two.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:17 PM

With your limted roll, I would DEFINITELY do the Granny Bonus at Paradise before heading to .5/$1 at Party. A 50% deposit bonus on only a $200 deposit is awesome. The players at Paradise are easily as bad as Party but you will have fewer seeing the flop so your swings should be smaller. Paradise has very good software and the $10/100 hands is as good as it geats for clearing a bonus.

Oh and as mentioned you can start off at .25/.5 if you want, just to get comfortable.

my 2 cents

busguy
Old 01-14-2005, 09:12 PM

I agree with -^. Take your money to Paradise. It's where I started playing. Play the 25c/50c game. It really isn't that tight at all. I was able to win about 100 dollars while clearing the GRANNY bonus (I was probably just running well, who knows, I haven't really cooled off since).

It takes a while to clear at 25c/50c because less than 50% of the pots are raked, but with 200 dollars in your account, you could multi-table once you got comfortable and everything would fall into place.

Don't play at party until you are comfortable investing the 500 dollars for the sign up bonus.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:25 PM

only if you follow Granny's instructions to the 'T'

woooo. granny loves being obeyed!!

fyi, he means that u gotta use link AND code.

ty eric for the plug. next time i won't make you use 2 condoms and a surgical mask
Old 01-14-2005, 09:32 PM

When I did the Paradise bonus, I didn't have to use any special link, I just used the GRANNY code on my first real money deposit.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:52 PM

did you click a banner here to get to the homepage?
Old 01-14-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Paradise Granny bonus is worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-14-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you click a banner here to get to the homepage?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I didn't. I signed up at Paradise about 3 years ago because I wanted to just play poker for fun (play money). Around Thanksgiving, I started reading these forums and figured "What the hell, I'll play for real."

I had noticed that someone said something about a 50% up to $100 bonus on paradise and I found the code and just went to my account and used it. I'm really sorry if it cost you any profits, as it's the best thing I've done in the last 4 months.