Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Played ok?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (15 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Unfortunately, no reads.

Preflop: I don`t always complete this SB J9o. But in this case i did.

Flop: I don`t think i made a mistake here, i would still c/r this to 'protect' my two pair against low flush-fishes (although i realise they will prob. call it out) and because i want to show i`m holding a strong hand.

Turn: I always experience it quite difficult when i need to tri-bet and when not (of course this depends a lot on reads of players). I felt like BB was holding a flush draw, or an toppair with medium kicker (maybe straight draw?).

River: how i played this hand till now, it`s obvious i`m calling this one. Besides when the BB got raised by UTG.

What do u think?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Played ok?

pf: I think it's OK getting 7:1

flop: Good, however, the flushes calling are not a bad thing for you. You're still a favorite and have redraws to your boat.

Trun: This is fine

River: I think I lead out here. The pot is big enough that you're going to get called by a lot of poor holdings.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:56 PM

PF: i complete J9o here, i think that's fine - you're getting 7-1 if BB doesn't raise it up (read here would be nice). If BB always raised their blind, i would consider folding, then probably complete anyway.

Flop is fine if you *know* it's bet so you can c/r. I would lead if i had even 10% doubt as i need to bet here. Again, a read would help.

Turn goot

River i think a c/c is better than bet-fold here. But this street i have the most doubt of.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:56 PM

I think preflop, Flop and perfectly standard.

I think the turn is tough, Id most likly call it and c/c river but i tend to be naturally passive(EEk).

I'm just trying to put him on a hand here, Raising is just odd. Your behind King+3/j/9 but wouldn't he 3bet the flop? Maybe not.

I reckon he's got K3 or k9 so has you beat.

Because of my read and confusion on a unknown im Calling the turn and c/c the river.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:20 PM

I'm not into the flop c/r. This is such a draw-heavy board, that without a read to indicate at least moderately aggressive opponents, I simply can't risk the free card. Bottom two-pair here is good, but vulnerable to the flush, a pair of kings improving to kings up or trips, and gutshot SDs. We can't protect against the flush, but a bet protects against the latter two. Without knowing who will bet, we don't know what a raise (or our flop action generally) will accomplish. As the flop played out, you haven't protected against anything, which was your stated goal.

Turn is fine.

River is the other interesting street. BB's bet certainly was odd, and even though UTG called, I like the overcall here to close the action. Definitely a good enough chance that you're still ahead.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:26 PM

To everyone who thinks turn 3bet is fine, What do you put villan on(Bets, gets raised on the flop). Then he goes onto raise the turn.

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:54 PM

Hmm . . . I didn't put much thought into the turn, which you've rightly point out. Still, villain is in the BB, and checked, so hand range is pretty wide. J3 and 93 aren't out of the question, nor is a K with redraws, like KT. I'm probably biased by seeing the BB just call the turn 3-bet, but I don't think it's bad. The turn may have improved villain to a second-best hand, or villain just decided to wait until the turn to raise up his/her second-best hand.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:23 PM

I have issues with the flop c/r.

A c/r here is NOT protecting your hand..its building the pot. As the pot is small if you want to build it up and risk not protecting your hand then fair enough...but you should know thats what your doing.

What do you guys think about checking and raising a bet from late position...but calling a bet from early position and then donking a good turn hoping the flop bettor raises?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have issues with the flop c/r.

A c/r here is NOT protecting your hand..its building the pot. As the pot is small if you want to build it up and risk not protecting your hand then fair enough...but you should know thats what your doing.

What do you guys think about checking and raising a bet from late position...but calling a bet from early position and then donking a good turn hoping the flop bettor raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

C/r-ing a late bet is just going to encourage people to fold correctly. I like a lead. It protects against what we can protect against and is not likely to fold people out. Failing to c/r an early bet is too risky, in my opinion. There's no guarantee you'll get those bets later. In addition, a scary card might come that: a. kills your action or b. scares you out of betting, but doesn't give anyone a winning hand.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM

i bet the flop(Checked through would suck, no ones shown aggression so ill bet it),
I bet the turn(well yeah...),
I bet the river(Value bet).

If im raised on turn i call down.