Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Two hands with AKs

.5/1 nl 6-max
SB - $110
BB - $84, no reads yet
UTG - $164
UTG+1 - $298
Hero (MP) - $170
Button - $121

Dealt to Hero:
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $4 </font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $3.

Flop: (Pot $8.50)
5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets $6, <font color="red"> Hero calls $6 </font>

Turn: (Pot $20.50)
4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="red"> Hero raises $12 </font> , BB calls $12

River: (Pot $44.50)
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets $25, <font color="red">Hero? </font>

.25/.5 nl 6-max, 5-handed
SB - $41.70
Hero (BB) - $65
UTG - $45.78
UTG+1 - $30.93
Button - $39.78 (46.8/6.67/2.0)

Dealt to Hero: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Button calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $2 </font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (Pot $6)
7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets $5 </font>, Button raises to $10, SB folds, <font color="red"> Hero calls $5 </font>

Turn: (Pot $26)
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Hero checks </font>, Button pushes for $27.78, <font color="red"> Hero? </font>
Old 10-17-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Two hands with AKs

Hand 1: fold
Hand 2: easy call
Old 10-17-2005, 07:33 AM

Hand 1: why?
Hand 2: let's say his stack's bigger. I'll edit it now.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:33 AM

Hand 1 I fold the flop: betting into the preflop raiser is a strong move. You have overcards.

Hand 2 I go with the flop bet and would call the min raise too. I find it hard to know what he calls preflop with that hits this flop , maybe 77, 45s, 56s. An overpair is possible, AA or KK unlikely given the preflop action. Without a read that this player is aggro with an overpair on a paired board I fold.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I fold the flop: betting into the preflop raiser is a strong move. You have overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I left out the fact that I am very LAG and players tend to have little respect for my preflop raises.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:17 AM

HAND ONE: I either fold the flop bet or, if I feel he is merely probing (or will lay down AT here) I will raise him, maybe even a minraise.

Once you merely call there, I would take the free turn and call a reasonable river bet.

HAND TWO: I push the turn but as you played it you have to call. He might have 77 but I think you have to pay that off because his range has a lot of things that you are beating (or will draw out on a decent percentage of the time).
Old 10-17-2005, 08:19 AM

1st hand: Villain is likely to have some sort of hand calling from the BB. High cards or a medium pocket pair as likely IMO. Then he bets out on the flop against the Pre Flop raiser which to me looks like he has a Jack. I doubt trips or even 2 pair would bet out they would more likely let you bet your money away. Also maybe AQ is possible and he was trying to pick up the pot on the flop but i think he has a Jack

Now he could hold AJ, KJ or QJ

Then he calls the turn bet and makes a pot size bet when the King hits so it looks like the King has helped him and he has KJ or maybe AQ but i think KJ. I would fold to this bet.

2nd hand: the button originally limped in so he probably doesnt have a big hand Pre flop. No big pocker pair or big broadway cards. Its more likely that he has smaller cards possibly suited connectors or something or maybe a small pair.

Then he mini raises on the flop. Normally if someone hits trips alot of the time they would just call this bet on the flop and hope you bet out the turn again, although the 2 hearts may make a 5 raise here i suspect a 5 would just call.

I suspect that he has either hit the 7 or has a pair of 6's or 8's or something similar and you are probably ahead with the Kings. If not you still have 9 cards to hit for the flush so i think you have to call here.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Results

In the first hand I called and won, vs KQ.
The second hand I also called, and lost to 77.

Edit: do you think either of those calls are -ev?
Old 10-17-2005, 09:26 AM

Since I am a very Loose-Aggressive player, I find people check to me when the flop works out well for them. So I didn't really think villian had KJ. In that situation, with KJ against a LAG aggressive player, wouldn't you let him bet into you? Only an A turn is really going to scare you.. Maybe protection from the flush....
Old 10-17-2005, 11:19 AM

hand 1 - check behind on the turn, call the river

hand 2 - call