Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 10:35 PM

Default MNF Telethon

Am I the only one that thinks this is retarded? This is football, and this is ruining the whole experience for me.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: MNF Telethon

I felt kind of bad because it annoyed me a little, but then I realized that it's either that or commercials, 90% of which I can't stand, so I don't care either way. You're totally not Gellin like Magellan.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:41 PM

the commentary team for the giants game is absymal, where do they get these guys? ugh
Old 09-20-2005, 12:31 AM

Its the commentatorss of ESPN Sunday night football.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the commentary team for the giants game is absymal, where do they get these guys? ugh

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean this announcing team is awful.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:56 AM

I tuned into the game late and recorded with TIVO, so I'm able to skip the telethon segments, the Rolling Stones commercials, etc.

The whole freaking thing was an absolute farce from a football perspective. Hey, Saints, welcome to your "HOME GAME." We just so happened to pick your opponent's home field, but that's not because we're all based in NYC...it is just the "best" this way.

Did the Saints get the "home team" locker room at least? Uhhh..no. Can't do that --- because no one sees that on TV. But they made sure to paint one end zone "Saints" just to give that extra edge to New Orleans.

Couldn't have the game at Reliant Stadium in Houston and give free tix to the people camped out in the Astrodome...nope. That might make a tiny bit of sense. Plus the Saints might actually have some sort of home field advantage...and some Saints fans might actually attend...

Instead you take a team, give them a speech about how NO and NYC are "bonded together" because of the Hurricane and the Terror Attacks of 2001, and so this somehow results in Giants Stadium being the "right venue." From a football standpoint, this is absolute garbage.

The non-elite NFC teams are gonna be scraping and clawing to make the playoffs -- and you give one of those teams an extra home game?

The fans were definitely a factor tonight. The noise clearly influenced play, caused a false start, etc. The always super-fragile Saints attitudes were completely off kilter, resulting in their Raiders-East penalty frenzy.

You did have some fans waving signs saying "NYC loves NO" and other stuff like that. But I would guess that the people setting up the game passed out those signs just like the "homemade signs" at political rallies (haven't you seen a yuppie waving a "Farmers 4 Kerry" sign or a guy waving a "W is for Women" sign?). Should I really believe that some Giant fant spent money on tix just to wave a "we love you New Orleans" sign? I call "planted."

If you read the post-game AP story, you can tell that Haslett and the Saints players were none too pleased with the smarmy "this is your home tonight" bull. And in the little commentary I heard on ABC/ESPN, they toed the line real nice, lest the NFL smack 'em down again like when they aired that controversial football show.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:29 AM

Yes, it was a complete joke that the game was played in Giants Stadium.