Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Doogy?

I play in a local o8/HE round of each game with 5/10 stakes. However, every week they also have a high (1500 min buy in ) stakes game where they play virtually any game, but apparently after the first 4 hours they start playing mostly a game called Doogy. I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right, but they pronounce it like Yogi but with a Doo instead of the Yo. Apparently it's played with 4 cards and is a double-draw game where you try to make 4 cards all offsuit, playing for low. So the best hand would be A234 rainbow (I think, not sure if the A is high though)

Anyone ever heard of this game or played it?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Doogy?

I've seen several people mention this game by the name padoogie or badoogie, although no one seems to have a definitive answer on what the name is or how to spell it! But, its the same game you mention, 4 cards trying to get A234 of all different suits. I'm unsure whether its normally played double or triple draw though.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:36 AM

I believe the most common spellings are Padooki and Badougi. I think it's become more common as a triple draw game. Here's a link to one of the discussions on this forum. I know there are a couple others, you can find them using the search feature.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:55 PM

I searched for this once. This is the best resource I found.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play in a local o8/HE round of each game with 5/10 stakes. However, every week they also have a high (1500 min buy in ) stakes game where they play virtually any game, but apparently after the first 4 hours they start playing mostly a game called Doogy. I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right, but they pronounce it like Yogi but with a Doo instead of the Yo. Apparently it's played with 4 cards and is a double-draw game where you try to make 4 cards all offsuit, playing for low. So the best hand would be A234 rainbow (I think, not sure if the A is high though)

Anyone ever heard of this game or played it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 4-card triple draw lowball, with the unique additional rule that an unpaired hand with four different suits beats any hand that doesn't have four different suits.

KsQdTh8c beats As2d3c5c.

If no one has an unpaired hand with four different suits, you go by the normal lowball rankings. Aces are low, pairs suck, and straights and flushes don't matter.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's 4-card triple draw lowball, with the unique additional rule that an unpaired hand with four different suits beats any hand that doesn't have four different suits.

KsQdTh8c beats As2d3c5c.

If no one has an unpaired hand with four different suits, you go by the normal lowball rankings. Aces are low, pairs suck, and straights and flushes don't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not how I heard the game explained. What I learned is that any 4-suit hand beats any 3-suit hand, any 3-suit hand beats any 2-suit hand, etc.

Thus Ah 2h 3h 4h loses not just to a badugi like Kh Qs Jc Td, but also to 2-suited hands like As 2s 9h Th.

But, I can find references to it explained both ways, you probably want to make sure you understand the rules at the game you are actually playing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]