Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Empire 30-60, was I colluded against?

I haven't played much on Empirepoker so I don't have any knowledge of the players yet.

Anyway, first round since sitting down with 9 unknowns at the table.

I get dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in CO-1 and openraise, coldcall by CO and both blinds also calls.

Four to the flop, K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Blinds check, I bet, CO calls, sb folds, BB checkraise, I call intending to raise the turn, now CO threebets and BB caps it. I decide I've had enough and folds, CO calls the cap and the turn comes another King.

Board is now K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], now they both check. Wtf was that?

River comes a blank, 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Now BB bets and CO folds.

I can't come up with any hands the CO could have had to play the way he did from the flop on except maybe 84, but then again he probably wouldnt see the flop with such a hand.

Whether my fold was bad or not is not the main point of this post although most of you will probably say it was bad since this is empire and all, but what I'm really concerned about is whether or not I was colluded, what do you think?

FatLoser
Old 03-21-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Empire 30-60, was I colluded against?

So your theory is that 2 guys with nothing tried to push you out of a small pot by betting and raising as much as possible against a preflop raiser on a king high flop?
Old 03-21-2005, 10:21 AM

Well I wouldn't know, that's why I'm asking. I just can't come up with hands that warrant that action on a board with no draws whatsoever and then a checked through turn with no showdown for a single bet.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:22 AM

Looks very suspicious. Send an email to Empirepoker with the hand number and ask if you can have information about what card they held.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:33 AM

"I can't come up with any hands the CO could have had to play the way he did from the flop on except maybe 84, but then again he probably wouldnt see the flop with such a hand."

The games would dry very fast if all of your opponents' moves made sense.

If they were colluding, here's what would have happened. The BB would bet, the CO would raise, the BB would fold and then you could think he had 84 or whatever the fcuk and made a tough fold.

-Michael
Old 03-21-2005, 10:56 AM

Doesn't look like collusion to me. What it looks like is a couple of the more aggressive players in this game both putting you on a steal. Happens a lot in the higher limit games when the open-raise comes from late. So they start spraying chips around hoping everyone folds since, in their minds, noone has much.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I wouldn't know, that's why I'm asking. I just can't come up with hands that warrant that action on a board with no draws whatsoever and then a checked through turn with no showdown for a single bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

hands that warrent that action from YOUR perspective lol...live a day in the eyes of a fish.

-Barron
Old 03-21-2005, 11:48 AM

yes. you colluded against yourself and your bankroll when you sat down and decided to play weak tight style in a known wild game.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:06 PM

Other hands besides 8-4 was QQ or AA. Maybe these hands were slowplayed before the flop, and they were trying to push it after the flop, but decided to slow down after the second K turned up, putting someone on a set.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:40 PM

But you should continue if 84 is suspected. Too much in the pot with 5 outs + running pair.