Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Preflop quiz

[ QUOTE ]
Suppose you are in a full ring game 10 handed.

(1) It's folded to you in MP. What do you do with:
a) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Call
b) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Call
c) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Fold
d) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Fold
e) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Fold
f) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Fold

(2) You are in MP again but this time there's an EP limper. Same hands:
a) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Call
b) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Call
c) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Fold
d) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Fold
e) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Fold
f) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Fold

(3) You are on the CO and it's folded yo tou. You have:
a) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Fold
b) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Fold
c) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Fold
d) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Fold
e) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Fold
f) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Fold

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 09:33 PM

hey shill,

up to what limit does your advise apply?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:45 PM

Well that settles it.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 PM

I raise everything from 1 and 3. There are a few I call with from group 2, depending on the limper. Otherwise I raise those too.

This is standard isn't it?

I'm like a 16/8. I thought I was too tight.

Wow, I must be bleeding away money.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:22 PM

1a. Limp (A8s)
b. fold (A4s)
c. limp (k9s)
d. Raise (KJos)
e. limp (J9s)
f. Raise (T9s)

2a limp (A8s)
b. limp (A4s)
c. limp (K9s)
d. Raise (KJos)
e. limp (j9s)
f. limp (T9s)

3a. Raise (44)
b. raise (KTos)
c. fold (Q8s)
d. fold (J8s)
e. raise (T9s)
f. raise (98s)
Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suppose you are in a full ring game 10 handed.

(1) It's folded to you in MP. What do you do with:
a) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] RAISE
b) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] RAISE
c) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] RAISE
d) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] RAISE
e) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] CALL
f) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] FOLD

(2) You are in MP again but this time there's an EP limper. Same hands:
a) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CALL
b) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CALL
c) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] CALL
d) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] RAISE
e) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] CALL
f) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] CALL

(3) You are on the CO and it's folded yo tou. You have:
a) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] RAISE
b) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] RAISE
c) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] FOLD
d) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] FOLD
e) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] FOLD
f) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] FOLD

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-01-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry dude, but this is terrible. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Group 1: Raise them all.

Group 2: Raise all but maybe A4 and T9 and J9.

Group 3: Raise them all.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again it really depends on the players behind me, but really, in #1 if you get cold called your in trouble with b,c,e, & f. In #3...J8, T9, 98 is crap shorthanded unless you're playing donkey's...show me my errors...I definetly repect your posts.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:43 AM

I think A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are folds. I might open the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP3 but not always. I think the rest are good raises
Old 12-01-2005, 01:47 AM

a. raise
b. call
c. call
d. call
e. call
f. call

a. call
b. call
c. call
d. raise
e. call
f. call

a. raise
b. raise
c. call/raise
d. raise
e. raise
f. raise
Old 12-01-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry dude, but this is terrible. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Group 1: Raise them all.

Group 2: Raise all but maybe A4 and T9 and J9.

Group 3: Raise them all.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again it really depends on the players behind me, but really, in #1 if you get cold called your in trouble with b,c,e, & f. In #3...J8, T9, 98 is crap shorthanded unless you're playing donkey's...show me my errors...I definetly repect your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

In group 1, I could see an argument for the As hands and maybe K9s, but the J9s and T9s I'm open to discussion, but I don't see how it would be "terrible" to fold these.

In 2, I would think you would want to play A small suited multi-way for one bet, unless for some reason you are trying to isolate the limper.

In 3, I could see maybe opening with the 44, maybe the Js hand, but I would really like to hear an explanation for opening with T9s and 89s.

Okay, here's my understanding. You have modest sized suited connectos. These hands are playable if you get in cheaply and have plenty of opponents. In a tight game you might have a chance to steal the blinds, but the hands just seem too weak to be messing around. In a loose game you have even less chance to steal the blinds.

Thoughts?