Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you call 5:1 on flop with three to a flush, hoping to get a 4 flush on river, assuming the pot wi
Yes 3 7.89%
No 35 92.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Hurricane Katrina Relief Tourney Poll & Info

[ QUOTE ]

And for pete's sake try to have some fun...I know it's hard, and the poker books apparently all say you have to take this game seriously at all times, but if you change your attitude just this once you might just enjoy it and help someone in the process.

{/soapbox}

J

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not really about the money. When we had the tsunami tournament the actual poker play was enjoyable and people were relaxed. With rebuys people will go all-in with everything, especially those with a huge BR . It will make the poker more about who wants to donate the most with donk plays than anything else.

And I realize some here find that very amusing, the 2+2 private tables are evidence of that. Some don't enjoy it. That is all I am saying. It has zilch to do with being stingy.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those who are having issues with the idea of a R&A tournament need to look at this from a different perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

How's this for perspective: can I buy 4 or 5 rebuys up front? I plan to be drinking Hurricanes while I play, and might be too blasted to figure out how to do it when I need it.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:44 PM

Cool. Great idea! I will be more than happy to donate 1/2 my money to the other players and 1/2 to a good cause.

Better than my usual 100% to the better players.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:41 AM

Unfortunatley i cannot make this Sept. 8th tournament, so i would love some info on the donations for those who cannot make it. Once this is established, ill be ceartin to donate at least a few buys/rebuys, as that is most likely what would have happened anyways [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 01:02 AM

Thanks for getting this together. I don't know if I can play, but I'll buy in and hopefully get a chance to rebuy before I'm blinded out.

Martin
Old 08-31-2005, 02:41 AM

Count me in. Don't care much about tourny details. Thanks to Slacker, GrannyMae, JasonHoldem, and Paradise for doing this. Through Granny's efforts, the tsunami tournament had impact far beyond what just the Zoo put in. I hope this effort will be similarly successful.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for some $10 a pop Daniel Negreanu-esque rebuy madness. CAMISA!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice! Me too.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for getting this together. I don't know if I can play, but I'll buy in and hopefully get a chance to rebuy before I'm blinded out.

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

hi marty! good to see you.

i'm sure slacker is going to post this soon, but paradise has set up a special donation account called

<font color="red"> katrinahelp </font>

i just tried to send the previous donations to it, but it is not quite activated. it should be working soon and we will report back when it is absolutely working.

as far as the R&amp;A tournament, i wanted to inject my opinion on this.

1. we have had AWESOME prize funds @ paradise with this $10 R&amp;A event for former toejams. the reason is that it allows those on all levels of budget to take a shot.

2. those that want to be maniacs and buy 20 times will do so in this event. we get kind of crazy at paradise rebuys. it is NOT a squeaky tight kotz-like event, nor should it be because of the nature of this particular tourney.

if we set it at $30 or even $50, we will lose some players, and FOOL n00bs like me will never get $100 or more in the pool.

my .02

IMPORTANT!! -----&gt; make SURE you have the correct, official donation account before transferring donations. during the tsunami, some scumbag mo-fo's tried to set up accounts with similar names and even accounts with tiny spelling errors. FOLLOW THIS THREAD for proper transfer account please. don't let a scumbag get your donation! i will confirm when transfer account is operational.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:41 PM

I definitely like the idea of a $10 tourney over a $20. People who want to go nuts w/ rebuys and donate a lot still have that option with a $10 tourney, and those who are looking to only spend a little are still comfortable joining.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:23 PM

<font color="green">KatrinaHelp </font>

is the Donation account. it is now functioning perfectly. The donations i received yesterday have been put there already.

when you enter the amount, the confirmation pop-up will say "hurricane relief". please make sure of this before you hit submit.

if you have sent a donation, please copy the email to slacker's PM (you can remove personal info)

the reason for this is because we want to provide a list on the forum and also with the red cross check when sent.

we already have posters

malo $25
doug shrapnel $50

(woo... THX guys!)

Finally, those that do not have a paradise account should use this link to set up new acct. ALL profits from your sign-up go in the fund. make sure you take the 25%, new acct. bonus when signing up. directions for this bonus are available when entering through below link. check 'promotions' tab, or look for new account banner on right side.

http://www.paradisepoker.com/?adv_id=a_2995b_1

TY