Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Cocaine and flying on a plane (trace amount of cocaine)????

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
eastbay,

usually your posts are excellent and i can tell youre a smart guy, but here i think youre wrong. cocaine ruins peoples lives for a reason. its not as simple as "dont buy it anymore" if you are addicted. i think getting to a place where the drug isnt available and out of the "cocaine-poker-cocaine" routine is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand me. My first post was just a stick-poke to see where this guy's at. He's bad. Real bad.

I'm not saying don't go. I'm saying going is not going to solve the problem. He's just going to buy when he gets back, unless someone is there to stop him. I've witnessed this more than once. I've seen what happens to people. The idea that "clearing his head" is going to change things for more than a few days after his return is a fantasy.

Certainly getting in a program is a necessity, but it sounds as if an outpatient program isn't going to be sufficient.

I'm not totally ignorant of the general idea personally, either. I've quit smoking, and I've read it many places that this is more difficult with a higher recitivism rate than just about any drug, including cocaine. People smoke through their stomas for a reason.

Quitting like this is as simple or complicated as you want to make it. Believe me, I've made it complicated, with the endless "first I'll just do this" excuses that never seem to end or produce the desired results. The desired results are realizing that you want to stop, and then stopping. Stopping consists of getting rid of your supplies and not buying any more. Period.

If you can't do that, you have to change your environment until you can.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure I have mentioned in several posts I am going to go into a program. I have also talked to a lot of Dr.'s lately and they have told me that the physical addiction to cocaine (not crack, but just regular cocaine) is not nearly as strong as they thought 10 years ago. So, I am not even worried about those side effects. They have also told me, and I am sure I have mentioned this also, that the amount of time I have been doing it is not very long in "coke head" standards by any means. And it won't be that tough. But, all the doctors also recommended that I seek some help. I think Cocaine Anonymous is a little much (I mean crap, I would never get passed step 1...i would have to skip that one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .). But, there are plenty of good programs where I live.

Also, I think you saying I am "bad, real bad" is wrong. I am obviously an addict. But, this is nothing compared to how it would be in 6 months or a year. Why do you think I am real bad? I would really like to know.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:44 AM

I would offer you my learned and sage advice on the whole cocaine deal, but I guess you're probably not in the market for guidance from someone whose Party screenname is "coca_poker".
Old 08-16-2005, 05:59 AM

One last thing and I think (but not positive) I am done with this account. Should I report when I have been clean for a month, quarter, or year? I am just curious. Part of me thinks it would look like a bragging thing. But, the other part thinks that it might give other addicts hope. I don't believe that of allt he users of this forum I am the only one that uses frequently. I know most probably don't care, but there seemed to be some support out there. Just let me know.

p.s. There is a chance this will not be my last post. I am awaiting on responses from Gori (my favorite nerdy pseudo hipster poster [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) and Eastaby.

p.s.s. I know I posted in a couple of other threads at a bad attempt of humor, but that will be the last time I do that. I just needed to remain anonymous for this one thread really. After a while I will be able to post again as [uncensored] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Sorry, I mean David Sklanksy. Wait, nope, I mean igotoffthecokebutstartedheroininstead.

Oh, and one last thing...screw the dr's who said that there weren't physical side effects. I cannot sleep at all. But, I have gotten a lot more of my appetite back.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:37 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i had a suicidal friend once and something about these posts remind me of him.

he wasn't a drug addict though.

at least you have hope.

i get the feeling you don't feel ready to quit, but i hope you do, and good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not suicidal at all. And I have only been doing it for about 1.5 months. I really think I will be able to do this. Especially with the program I will be involved in. I find it strange based on everything I said that you don't think I am ready to quit. Of course, I am a little nervous, but that is to be expected. But, people have done a lot more than me for a lot longer and have done it, so why can't I?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i didn't mean to imply you were suicidal at all.
there is just part of your posts that remind me of dealing with a suicidal friend. it's hard to say what i mean, like the appeal of people caring becomes part of the cycle. maybe i am completely off, do you know what i mean though ?

anyway, i do think you can do it, and i hope you do. if you really want to, you will.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:40 PM

Doctors told you there are no physical withdrawals when stopping a good term cocaine habit? That's funny..

The doctors probably don't care. Cocaine is one of those drugs where they just shake their head at.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:43 PM

You should start smoking weed to help with the withdrawals. One of the things I would do when coming down from a coke binge is drink alot of alcohol, which would help the intense anxiety and depression that night. Long term, however, getting really blazed always made me relax when I was fiending.

After a few weeks your body should be back to normal and it's not like you will get addicted to weed. You'll also be able to sleep alot more, and you'll have an appetite.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doctors told you there are no physical withdrawals when stopping a good term cocaine habit? That's funny..

The doctors probably don't care. Cocaine is one of those drugs where they just shake their head at.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the dr's said that the physical affects are not as bad as they once thought they were 10 years ago. It is not nearly as strong physically as nicotine or smack.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should start smoking weed to help with the withdrawals. One of the things I would do when coming down from a coke binge is drink alot of alcohol, which would help the intense anxiety and depression that night. Long term, however, getting really blazed always made me relax when I was fiending.

After a few weeks your body should be back to normal and it's not like you will get addicted to weed. You'll also be able to sleep alot more, and you'll have an appetite.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you are recommending basically trading alcohol for cocaine. For some reasaon, I just don't think this is a good solution. Plus drninking makes me feel sick and pot makes me very paranoid.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:44 PM

No, alcohol only magnifies the coke. I was talking about my experience with a coke comedown at night. I just threw it in there.

I recommended you to start smoking weed, but if you don't like then it you will just have to suck it up. I dont blame you though, weed makes me have anxiety and makes me confused.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's hard to say what i mean, like the appeal of people caring becomes part of the cycle. maybe i am completely off, do you know what i mean though ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your support. I know you mean it. And if I was in NY I am sure we would be friends.

To tell you the truth, I don't know what you mean in the part I put in quotes above.