Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Right number of bets?

I'd keep betting the river. BB woulda probably gotten fancy if he flopped a flush and not 3 bet the flop. He probably has AxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hit is again and call 3 bet.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd keep betting the river. BB woulda probably gotten fancy if he flopped a flush and not 3 bet the flop. He probably has AxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hit is again and call 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop: (6 SB) 5, A, 3 (2 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-17-2005, 03:38 PM

eleventy,

BB is a total idiot if he ever 3-bets the river with TPTK here. He's on the slow side if he 3-bets the turn IMO with less than AJ.

Chief
Old 06-17-2005, 03:44 PM

Raise preflop. Nice flop and turn. Good call on the river.

Luke
Old 06-17-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm putting in 4 bets on the river. The only concievable hand that a reasonable player could have here is KQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the only hand a reasonable player could have, then why are going 4 bets? In other words, if they are reasonable, then you are beat, and if they are not reasonable, then there are a bunch of other hands that your opponent can have, many of which beat you.

But FWIW, I think KQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], KJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], KT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], QJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], JT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], or QT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are all possibilities, alongside AA, AxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], AxQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], AJ.

Even after leaving some room for something a little crazy, I still don't like the range you're up against, especially when you give a little extra weighting to the flush hands.

Consequently, I like Hero's river call.

Luke
Old 06-17-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But FWIW, I think KQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], KJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], KT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], QJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], JT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], or QT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are all possibilities, alongside AA, AxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], AxQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would agree if he had limped PF. I just don't see too many players at the Party 2/4 (and I won't give them credit for it if they're unknown) raising these types of hands out of the blinds PF.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would agree if he had limped PF. I just don't see too many players at the Party 2/4 (and I won't give them credit for it if they're unknown) raising these types of hands out of the blinds PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see bizzarre hands raised all the time. Its strange what a 40/10 or whatever actually chooses to raise PF with.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-17-2005, 04:12 PM

Villian showed down 86s and MHWG.

-SmileyEH