Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Lederer Reality DVD?

Any reviews on this item? This is a 2 hour DVD of Howard's reality/fantasy poker camp.
How does it compare to the poker players conference DVD?
Thank you!
Old 01-17-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Lederer Reality DVD?

i just ordered it a few days ago, i'll let you know when i see it.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:49 PM

I was very disappointed. Very little content, very scattered and poorly edited. There is one decent talk by Howard about general concepts, and a lot of filler material. Howard's father, who is a well-known linguist, gives a talk about poker terms in everyday speech. Chris "Jesus" Ferguson gives a talk about the early days of internet poker, such as playing play money games at IRC. The guy from Gamblers Book Club talks about the history of poker books. A couple of brief audience Q&As with Anne Duke and Gus Hanson, too short to be meaningful.

Not recommended.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was very disappointed. Very little content, very scattered and poorly edited. There is one decent talk by Howard about general concepts, and a lot of filler material. Howard's father, who is a well-known linguist, gives a talk about poker terms in everyday speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if the talk is related to his article, but here is Richard Lederer's article on poker terms: Poker Phrases
Old 01-17-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was very disappointed. Very little content, very scattered and poorly edited. There is one decent talk by Howard about general concepts, and a lot of filler material. Howard's father, who is a well-known linguist, gives a talk about poker terms in everyday speech. Chris "Jesus" Ferguson gives a talk about the early days of internet poker, such as playing play money games at IRC. The guy from Gamblers Book Club talks about the history of poker books. A couple of brief audience Q&As with Anne Duke and Gus Hanson, too short to be meaningful.

Not recommended.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct and agreed
Old 01-19-2005, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not recommended.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct and agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

third that
Old 01-19-2005, 02:12 PM

Howard's lecture was a little inspiring. Howard's father's (Richard Lederer) lecture could be used as a sleeping aid. The rest was small clips of fairly useless information.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:34 PM

very weak dvd... I liked howards limit dvd but this one was useless.